First posts are always the hardest to write. Firstly, expectations from the first post are high as they set the line of expectations for further posts. Secondly, it is the start that is difficult. Once one kicks starts something, one usually finds motivation to keep it going. So, here is hoping that I keep this going even after this first post.
I really haven’t thought of a topic to write about. So I’ve decided to write about my inspiration to start writing a blog. I recently had a little time at hand and started watching ‘Sex and the City’, the show. The biggest take away from it for me was to start writing again. For all those who haven’t watched the show, the show is about four girl friends. Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) is the protagonist and the show is about her point of view for her newspaper column also titled ‘Sex and the City’. She writes about her misadventures with the opposite sex and what she has learnt from them. She has three best friends who accompany her in all her adventures i.e. Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. Other than motivating me to write again, the show had some great takeaways. Following are some of them, supported with quotes from the show:
- ‘Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just people to have fun with’. Men may come and men may go but your girls will always stand by you. And the same implies for men too. As Barney Stinson (from HIMYM, a show I will be writing about too) put it, ‘bros before hoes’.
- ‘The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself and if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous”: The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself. Never let anything or anyone let you feel less important because you are the hero of your story.
- ‘After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away’: People you love never really leave our lives. They may not be near us physically but they are with us in our hearts, always.
- ‘They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style’ The quote says it all. Friendships really never go out of style.
- ‘I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love’ Never give up in the quest for love and never compromise; you will get what your heart has hoped for.
- ‘Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with’: Being single is cool. Don’t underestimate yourself just because you don’t have a special someone to make you feel special.
- ‘He is just not that into you. So move on’. There is no scope for doubt. A person is either into you or not. Stop looking for signs to lull yourself into the false hope that maybe they’d find a way to you. Move on!
- ‘Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be’.: Let go off the past. Move on. Move on to version 1.1 of yourself.
- ‘I wanted to call him but our love, volumes one, two and three, stopped me.’: Let go of what has hurt you. Let go of what is hurting you. Be happy, Be free!
- ‘Oh please, there’s always a competition with an ex, it’s called ‘who’ll die miserable?’: Ending on a funny note, relationship politics is pretty important too. You’ve definitely got to beat your ex with your next relationship.
I hope you enjoyed reading this first post as much as I was nervous about posting it. If you have anything to tell me, leave a comment for me! Hoping to write my next post soon too. Stay hooked! 🙂