First post of 2016.
A very very happy new year to all my readers! A new year brings with it a new beginning. I believe how you start your new year decides the course for the rest of your year. I started mine with travel (about which I shall write another blog) and I am hoping I get a lot of opportunities to travel though out the year. How did you start yours?
How can I start a new year without the typical unrealistic resolutions list? Here is my list of resolutions for 2016:
- Each day before I sleep, I will write down the good things that happened to me that day. The good thing could be anything from getting a gorgeous dress in H&M for Rs.500 (yes, this happened with me today! :D) to talking to an old friend after ages to watching a favourite film for the millionth time.On days when things go extremely wrong and I can’t find reasons to be happy, maybe this list will bring a smile to my face.
- No binge eating. Food is the best form of love for me. I love food, food loves me. Every time I’m low I turn to food for solace. This year, I will break this habit.
- Learn something new this year: a language, a sport or an instrument.
- Be regular with my writing (read as: this blog)!
- Complete the ‘Brunch Book Challenge’. (Yes Yes, I’m on twitter now. Follow me!) 2015 wasn’t a good year reading wise, hence, this new objective.
- Love thyself. Last year I realized that I have a lot of insecurities which are mostly because of the fact that I do not love love myself. This year, I am going to pamper myself, take care of myself and love my self the fullest. As Carrie Bradshaw said, “But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
- No procrastinating this year. I will not sit on the sideline and wait for things to happen for me, I will make them happen for myself. No more waiting for the miracles, I will be my very own miracle! 🙂
I hope you all have your resolution lists ready! Leave a comment telling me about them. Here is hoping that you have a fabulous 2016! May you shine and spread shine.
2016 is your year!