First blog post of 2019 and my first blog post in a long time. Honestly, I’ve found it very hard to write for the last few months. I did start writing 8-9 blogs but never got to completing them. Sometimes even when you have ideas and want to write, words evade you. Here’s hoping I’m over the hump and my goal for this year is to write atleast 2 blogs a month on varied topics (I have a few planned).
Take a walk down 2018 with me, let’s see how well I did on my goals for last year –
1. Read more – in comparison to 2016,2017 – I did read more but not as much as I would have liked. I read around 16-17 novels last year while my target was around 25 novels. So there is scope to do better which is my target for this year.
2. Lose weight – I am proudest of this achievement. Second half of 2018 – I had some odd sense of motivation and pushed myself to lose 20kgs. I still a 10kgs away from the weight I’d like to be – so that’s my goal for 2019!
3. Write more – there was a lot happening in my life last year – lots of changes, a lot of turbulence and I was so caught up in it all that I let writing take a back seat. I’m hoping I do better in 2019.
4. Travel – so 2018 was definitely not a good year for traveling. I did travel but most of my travel was concentrated in the first half of the year. The second half of the year all my travel was to Delhi (home). Though I ended the year with a much needed solo trip to Hampi. Do visit my Instagram (@mokshahegde) to see my travel photographs. In 2019, my goal is to visit one new place every month.
5. Be a better human being – I think over the past few years, I observed me losing my humane side – the kind side. In 2018, I tried hard to become kind again. It hasn’t been easy and I’m still trying. But this isn’t a goal for a single day – this is an every day goal – ‘Throw kindness around like confetti!’
6. Moving on – I often find it hard to move on & to let go of things be it friends, love, job or forgiveness. 2018 was my year to move on from all things in the past and to have a clean start in 2019. I think I did pretty good on this one.
Overall in 2018, I felt –
Here is hoping that I do even better on my goals in 2019. What are your goals for 2019?