2020 is here!!! A new year and a new decade!!
This is not a New Year resolution list – it’s a wishlist of the things I hope to do in 2020. Putting it down on this blog will hopefully keep me motivated towards doing/achieving them.
1. Learn swimming + deep sea diving – yeah yeah the goals together seem too ambitious. It’s not that I don’t know swimming, I’m just not a confident swimmer. I want to be one of those people who sees a water body and jumps in without any second thought.
2. Experience snowfall – this is a travel bucket list item. In all my years of existence, I haven’t ever experienced snowfall and this is high on my to-do list for 2020.
3. Take my parents on a vacation – while I try to take them for a holiday every year, unfortunately we weren’t able to plan anything in 2019. Here’s hoping we are able to travel to a few places in 2020.
4. Travel to 6 new places – the travel goal for 2020 is to travel to atleast 6 new places. 2019 my travel wasn’t planned well and was scattered and involved revisiting a lot of places I’d already been to. In 2020, I want to visit a lot of new places.
5. Plan my travel in January – I want to plan my travel well ahead. In 2019, all my travel was booked last minute and it ended up being a lot more expensive than it should have been. Additionaly, my new boss is a stickler for giving leaves (them corporate woes!). This year I want to plan all my travel in January only to avoid any impedance.
6. Learn driving – Again, I do know how to drive but I’m not a confident driver and driving totally freaks me out. This year I want to practice and become a better driver.
7. Reduce shopping – Hi, I’m Moksha and I am a shopaholic. Over the past few years, I’ve replaced binge eating with binge shopping. This year, I want to reduce my consumerism and focus on reusing the things I already own.
8. Be more environment conscious – I constantly worry about our planet but do the bare minimum to protect it. In 2020, I will strive to reduce my plastic usage, recycle more and reduce my carbon footprint.
9. Be healthier – over the past 1.5 years, I have started taking care of my health by eating right and exercising. The last 3-4 months, I haven’t been very regular with my exercising but in 2020 I’m going to make sure I work out for atleast 40minutes every day.
10. Invest more/Save more – Being a typical millennial, savings has never been a priority for me but in 2020 I want to consciously be more prudent.
11. Do more for the society – no, no this isn’t the perfect answer for the Miss Universe contest. I just feel like I want to do something more, give back to the society which doesn’t involve just donating money to some charity (not against this just that we don’t always get to see the results of how the money is being used).
12. Pick-up a new hobby – a friend gifted me an art set in 2019 which started me off on the path of painting. I don’t paint very well but it’s fun and de-stressing. I want to pick-up some new hobby in 2020.
13. Work on my mental health – over the past few months I’ve been dealing with anxiety issues. It’s not constant but depending on the stress level in my life, I have had to deal with it at times. For most part of it, I have avoided dealing with it and even acknowledging it. But I want to do better in 2020, I want to work on not just my physical health but actively take care of my mental health.
14. Be more patient – patience is a virtue I envy in people. In 2020, I want to practice and be more patient everyday.
15. Read more – I read around 20 books in 2019, which is much better than I did in the previous years. But the target for 2020 is to read atleast 30 books.
16. Write more – Writing does depend a lot on what phase I’m going through but the target it to write atleast 24 blogs in 2020.
17. Keep a tab on this list of items – I’m going to write a blog every month end ticking off the items I did manage to achieve.
18. Bungee jump or paraglide – In 2019, I ticked off skydiving from my to-do list for 2020 I want to tick off bungee jumping or paragliding.
19. Read the news everyday – this is a habit I really really want to inculcate but haven’t been able to. This year, I want to consciously try and keep up with the news everyday.
20. Get a tattoo – I’ve been planning to get a tattoo for a really long time now. I have the design already planned. I’m going to finally get my first tattoo in 2020.
In addition to these I’m also going to try to run a marathon, spend lesser time on Instagram, learn a new language/skill and go on a road trip this year.
Thank you for reaching the end of the list. Do comment below and let me know of some of your plans for 2020! Here’s wishing you an amazing year and decade ahead!