Life | Weight Loss Journey – Birthday Goals

Hi Reader,

I’ve written before about my struggles with body image and losing weight. I’ve been obese growing up. In my early 20s, I had given up on losing weight till in 2018 I decided to take care of my health by exercising everyday and eating right. I lost 30kgs over a span of 10-11 months. I loved every second of it. But after losing 30kgs, I decided to give weight loss a break and try to maintain my weight. Maintaining my weight turned out to be harder than I thought and over the past 7-8 months, I have put on 7-8kgs. It’s been very hard to get a good work out in these days with the lockdown in India. Add to that all the stress that staying home has induced which has led to me giving up on my strict healthy eating regime.

For the past week, I’ve been trying to get back to a strict work out regime and eating right. So I decided to blog my weight loss journey part 2! Maybe this will help me stay on track and you could all motivate me too.

GOAL: Losing 10kgs in the next 4 months. (As per my height, 10kgs will put me in a good BMI range!) This means a target of 2-3kgs per month, which in my opinion is doable.

MOTIVATION: It’s my birthday in exactly 4 months and I want this to be my birthday gift to myself. (I actually wanted to gift myself a solo trip but thank you corona!)

TRACKING: I will track my weight loss journey weekly but I’m going to post about it month on month – to give an update on how well I’m doing on my goals.

WHAT I’M GOING TO DO: Since corona is still a big factor in our lives in India, for the next 4 months going to the gym is out of question. So here is my plan:

• Workout: Cardio – skipping + jogging; at home weight training; at home workouts for toning body
  • Diet: I don’t follow any fixed diet but my diet is low carb with a lot of fruits & vegetables
  • Dietary restrictions: 1. No processed sugar. 2. Alternate days – no dairy (I love coffee with milk so no dairy is something hard to follow but I’m going to try) 3. Low carb 4. One cheat meal every week (this is a big motivation through the week)

Please wish me luck! The weight loss goal is a 4 month plan but being healthy is a life goal. What do you do to stay healthy?

1. Srishty says:

This is very inspiring! Also, good luck. πŸ™‚ Love the left most top picture & right most bottom picture πŸ™‚ i also want an electric blue top

Liked by 2 people

Thank you. I hope I do it! πŸ™ˆ

Noted your request for your birthday. πŸ˜›

2. brihaad says:

Very inspiring. You are making a great attempt and anyone reading your post will be inspired to aspire.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much! ☺️

1. brihaad says:

Try my blogs, I mostly write on social issues.

Liked by 2 people

Will definitely do that!

3. brihaad says:

Thank you so much for following me.

3. mterrazas32 says:

Incredible photos of you weight lost. Am sure you can reach your goal this time.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much! ☺️

4. Lani says:

As a vegan I want to encourage you to go full-dairy free! You can do it, as there are so many alt milk choices out there! Also, as you know, dairy is a concentrated fat source and is not necessary for us to consume.

Lockdown has been horrible for exercise, hasn’t it? Since our gym and pool remain closed (why?), we have taken to walking up and down the apt stairs. We do workouts at home, too. There are many workout channels on YouTube. Do you like any?

Also trying to not buy any more junk food since food feels like it’s become the centerpiece of staying-at-home relief. If it’s not in the house, it really is a lot more work to eat it!

Good luck! Looking forward to your journey towards a healthier lifestyle πŸ™‚

Liked by 3 people

Thank you so much for your kind words and tips! ❀️
      I’ve been trying to go vegan but it’s been very difficult since I haven’t developed a liking for dairy free milks. πŸ™ˆ Here’s hoping that changes over the next few months.

Liked by 2 people

1. Jasmine Rose says:

Almond milk and coconut mix milk is the best in my vegan opinion! πŸ˜‹ it took me a little while to get used to it as well but mow cows milks would taste funky too me. πŸ˜†
        Good luck angel! πŸ˜‡

5. Becks says:

Good luck! I’ve found it so difficult to keep active in lockdown, but if you set your mind to it you can totally do it! ☺️

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much! ☺️

6. You inspired me to take up exercises. Keep going πŸ‘

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much!!

7. brihaad says:

Recently I covered a historical event in my blog. Kindly let me know your opinion on the same. Thanks

8. 79to55 says:

All the best! I’m starting on my weight loss journey too. We can do this! πŸ’ͺ🏻

Liked by 2 people

Thank you!

Good luck! I’m sure we’ll do it. ☺️

9. Juliette says:

Super inspirational, and I love how focused you are on eating healthy rather than less/not at all, this is so important in my opinion! 😊 Good luck for reaching your goals!!

Liked by 2 people

10. I have never had issues with food and weight, but lockdown has been so concentrated that it happened for the first time that i decided to not have chai. But it has been so difficult that even if you skip, watching your family sip it quietly makes you go make one yourself. Still struggling a bit though. Let see. Hope you get most done what you have planned. πŸ™‚

Liked by 3 people

Thank you and good luck to you too!

11. i wish you all the best with your health goals and life goals too…focus on doing what you do best…once that is in place, everything else is secondary….be well……

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much for your kind words! β™₯️

12. karinacarena says:

Love that you mentioned weight training! It’s important to lift some weights to build some muscle πŸ™‚ good luck on your goals!!

Liked by 2 people

13. Jasmine Rose says:

Wow, you did amazing! Good luck dear! πŸ’– And you are absolutely beautiful! Like WOW!! πŸ˜πŸ’–

14. I like how reasonable your goals are. 2-3kg a month is definitely attainable!

Thank you! πŸ™‚