Hi Fellow Skincare Enthusiast,
I have only newly started taking care of my skin, its been 2-3 years now! I have sensitive, acne prone skin and throughout my adult life I’ve been that girl with acne scars marring my face. Over the past few years, I’ve started taking care of my health and skin – from DIY skincare to finding products to help with my issues. I use a wide variety of products from Indian Ayurvedic brands to Korean Skincare to popular skincare labels. My skincare routine if very basic and I avoid using too many chemicals on my face. These following 5 products have been working well for me and are my current favourite skincare products:
- Kama Ayurveda Pure Rosewater – Kama is a luxury Indian Ayurvedic brand with the most beautiful products with ingredients in their purest forms. I love their rosewater and its what I use as a toner in my night time skincare routine.
- Himalaya Refreshing & Clarifying Toner – This was the first toner I started off with a few years back and I’ve stuck to it. It is a very simple, alcohol free herbal toner which is very easy on the pocket and does the job of keeping my acne at bay. Every time my skin starts having its off time, I start using this toner both in the day & at night. I love this product mainly because its simple and effective.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask & Lip Sleeping Mask (Berry) – These two products are magic. I’ve used a lot of night creams but nothing works as good as these two. The sleeping mask ensures you wake up your skin is light and hydrated. The lip mask leaves your lips feeling supple. Laneige is a popular Korean skincare brand and is a brand of the parent Amore Pacific which is also the parent of the brand Innisfree.
- Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum – This is THE most expensive part of skincare in addition to my day moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge). I started using this serum after reading amazing reviews from a lot of people. I have seen a reduction in my acne and a visible glow on my skin in the morning. Definitely recommend this product for people in their late 20s looking for a good night serum.
- Himalaya Neem Face Pack: This product is something I recommend to all with acne prone skin. Its a very soothing face pack and really helps with reducing acne and closing pores. I used this pack 3 times a week and have been using this for the past 3 years diligently. In addition to being a great product, it is also very easy on the pocket.
Honourable Mentions: Clinique Moisture Surge, Coco Soul Face Wash, Kama Ayurveda Nimrah Anti-acne Face Mask, Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mask.
Please Note: I am trying to be sustainable in my ways and reduce my usage of products that use one time plastic and chemicals that are not biodegradable. I’m trying to move to products that use sustainable material and recycle their packaging. Ayurvedic brands such as Kama use ingredients that are natural and biodegradable. Even their packaging incorporates a lot of tin and paper. Korean beauty products use of a lot of natural ingredients. Additionally, brands like Innisfree have launched a lot of initiatives to use recycled materials. Definitely drop a note in the comments if you know of any other green skincare brands.
What are products that you swear by?
Stay Safe! ❤