I’m always on the lookout for healthy dessert recipes. I have a crazy sweet tooth but I try to eat healthy most days. So a good healthy dessert recipe makes me really happy. Since my diet doesn’t include cookies, they’re like dessert for me. I’m a vegetarian and finding a good eggless cookie recipe is usually difficult. Either the cookies become too dry or they’re not chewy and hard. I found this healthy and eggless cookie recipe on Shivesh Bhatia’s YouTube channel and decided to give it a try.
Ingredients for this recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1/2 Cup jaggery/Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chocochip (As per your liking)
- 1/4 Cup Nuts (As per your liking, I used walnuts)
- Beat together the ghee & jaggery till they’re well combined. Add the vanilla essence to this mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ghee mixture. Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda & cocoa powder. Mix till it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Slowly add milk to the mixture and mix till it forms a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree.
- Make your cookies and add choco-chips or nuts on the top as desired.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15mins.
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for an hour or atleast 30mins before you attack them!
These cookies turned out really well and my entire family loved them. Definitely try these out if you want to try eating healthy.
Stay safe and bake on! ♥️