My Goals For September 2020

I’m finally daring to make goals in 2020 after all my initial goals and plans got thrown out of the window. Since I have accepted the new normal and some what adjusted to my new life – I’ve decided to set some doable goals for September. Here is my list –

• Learn photography – I’ve loved taking photographs since I was a kid but I haven’t taken any training or classes to learn photography. This month with the extra time on my hands – I will complete a course on the basics of photography.
Sample photography (this is taken from an old phone with an average-ish camera)
  • Workout more – I’ve been working out 3-4 days in a week down from 6 days a week last year. I want to go back to my 6 days a week regime this month.
  • Read more – honestly, I haven’t read anything in the last two months and now its freaking me out. I want to read more this month – the target is two novels in September since I don’t want to overwhelm myself with a long to-do list.
  • Bake more breads – I have been baking cakes since I was in college but I’ve just recently started baking breads and I’m hooked. I’m going to bake more breads this month and share the bounty with family and friends. Check out my cheesy garlic bread recipe post!
A bread I baked a few weeks back!
  • Be kinder – I’ve become very impatient over the last few years and especially more over the last few months. Every time I feel like I’m losing my patience, I’m going to try to take a minute to relax before saying or doing anything. The world needs more kindness – so I’m going to try to be kinder in my ways every day which includes being kinder with myself! πŸ™‚

What are you goals for the rest of 2020? Just the last 4 months left – it may not have started well but the year can end well! Dream big! ❀

If you liked reading this post, follow me to read more about my life.

Read more of my posts:

1. TheHiddenEdge says:

In Sept, I am going to:
    1. Clear out my paperwork
    2. Learn to type with one finger
    3. Say goodbye to my Dad
    4. Read a book written by my friend Caroline Brewer, “More Than You Think”

Hi Laura! Hope your surgery went well! How’s your hand doing?

Saying goodbye is so difficult. I can imagine your pain. Wishing you a lot of strength.

Also, wishing you luck with your goals for the month!

1. TheHiddenEdge says:

The op is on Tuesday! It will hurt, I had the left hand done a couple of years ago. Thanks for your best wishes. Lx

2. Best of luck with your goals this month x

Thank you so much! ❀️

Thank you so much! ☺️

3. Glee Sparkle says:

Great planning!!! Hope you have an awesome month ahead πŸ™‚

Don’t forget to Glee and spread Sparkles ✨
    -Nani πŸ’–

Thank youu! Hope you have an amazing month. ❀️☺️

1. Glee Sparkle says:

πŸ€—βœ¨πŸ₯°πŸ’œ

4. mterrazas32 says:

I wouldn’t say I have goals for the rest of 2020, but more of adapting to a new routine. Since am working full-time, getting on a budget, putting money aside(saving), figuring out some work out routine. Right now I walking in the neighborhood for 20minutes, but soon I won’t be able to since it slowly getting darker sooner. My suggestion on learning photography is shoot manual if your camera has that option.

Thank you for that suggestion. My camera does have that option – I just don’t understand all the options.

True – I think we’re all just spending this year figuring out and adapting to this new normal. YouTube has some great home workout options – if you’re into working out from home.

5. Lani says:

Great goals! I was actually doing monthly goals at the beginning of the year – all gung-ho but COVID really took things down a notch, then I started up, then I got too busy, and now I’m hoping to tackle some big projects and have more balanced.

What kind of exercises do you normally do?