I maybe a little more hopeful than intended while writing this blog. The UK government has approved the Pfizer vaccine and is set to start vaccinating folks from next week. While my country still has a while to go before we get the vaccine – it still fills me with so much hope that in 6-8 months we can go back to life as we knew it! 2020 was supposed to be the best year of my life as per my plans but unfortunately it was a year that pushed me out of my comfort zone and into the unknown. I wish I could say I learnt a new skill or did something exceptional this year but the only thing I did do was – SURVIVE! Survived through the anxiety, through sleepless nights, through months spent without meeting loved ones, through the initial lockdown days which we survived minus food supplies (we didn’t hoard and found it hard to get supplies a few days in), through moving cities in the middle of the pandemic (and getting supremely harassed by my ex-landlords) and so much more. I know this was a year of growth for a lot of people but for me this was just a year of making the best of whatever was happening. And I do understand that I didn’t have it as bad as some other people ( I do count my blessings).
December is the last month of this year and I want to have a few, doable goals for the month that will put me on track for my bigger goals in 2021. Here is my goal list –
- Fix my sleep cycle – for the past few years, I had gotten into the habit of waking and sleeping early. With anxiety really impacting my sleep this year, I have started sleeping late and waking up late (9AM!!). The goal for the month is to try and wake up early everyday to slowly start fixing my sleep schedule.
- Workout every day – While my usual goals for the past few years has been to loose weight, I realize the right goal to have is to be healthy! Keeping that in mind – the goal is to get a good workout in every day.
- Try my hand out on new fun recipes – I definitely want to spend some time baking fun things this month for family and friends! I want to try new recipes like Rum Cake, Christmas Cookies – I’ll definitely post about them here. (PS: I tried my hand at making a tiramisu yesterday and it was amazing. I even baked the ladyfinger biscuits from scratch! Recipe here.)
- Spend less time on my phone – I spend so much time just staring into my device. I can’t believe how much my usage of my phone has gone up this year. But I’m consciously going to make an effort to reduce the time I spend on my phone this month.
- Make a plan for 2021 – honestly I have been scared to make any plans for 2021 since 2020 turned out to be such a bummer. But with renewed hope – I am going to spend some time this month planning out the things I hope to do in 2021.
What are your goals for the last month of the year? Anything you want to achieve before the year ends? Here’s hoping this last month makes up for the sucky year we’ve had! 🙂
Stay safe and merry. ❤
PS: Totally loving everyone’s blogmas posts!
If you like this post, checkout my other recent posts –