I am weird – there I said it! This post was difficult for me because I had to choose and pick the quirks that I did want to share and could share on this platform. I have A LOT of quirks – some more eccentric than the others. But here are a glimpse into some –
1. I have to sleep on the side of the bed that is closest to the room door – I clearly have flight instinct. I need to sleep closest to the door so I can run at the first sign of danger/calamity. I also can’t sleep if I have to share the room with someone new. By new I mean even if it is a close friend that I haven’t ever shared a room with – I just can’t sleep.
2. I used to talk to the moon – I developed this weird quirk in my late teens and haven’t done this in a while. I have always loved the moon – ever so beautiful, watching over all of humanity. I have also had a hard time being vulnerable in front of people and hence, in my low moments I’d turn to the moon for advice or comfort or something – I guess. I’m not a total weirdo, I promise.
3. I don’t like people in the kitchen while I’m cooking – I can’t explain this quirk well. I am this crazy chemist in the kitchen – throwing in different seasonings and sauces into the pan – hoping to create something unique. I hate when people are in the kitchen watching what I’m doing or giving me suggestions or asking me questions or just there – it just takes away all the fun from the cooking process for me.
4. I don’t like talking to anyone for atleast an hour after I’ve woken up – I am a GRUMP as soon as I have woken up – I just need an hour to chill by myself before I can be social with people. The best time to talk to me in the morning is after I’ve had my cuppa coffee. If you approach me before that – God help you!
5. I need to prepare myself before any social gathering – I have crippling social anxiety. The number of times I’ve cancelled going to a social gathering because I just can’t convince myself to hangout with new people. So before any important social gathering – I need to mentally prepare myself – actually practice a few conversations in my head that I could have – prepare an exit story incase the gathering goes southwards for me -have a friend on standby to call me with a story to help me get out – yeah, A LOT of preparation goes into being social with strangers.
Those were some quirks of mine – some more disturbing than others (please don’t unfollow)! 😀 What are your quirks?
I’ve started a new Instagram page to talk about sustainable living, would mean the world to me if you’d follow me –
If you haven’t, check out my other recent posts, they’re really good 😀