2021 has already been a challenging year – with loads of changes and new things happening in my life. A lot of ups followed by a lot of downs and we are just through with 4.5 months yet. Here are 7 things that 2021 has taught me so far –
- Not everybody needs to know your business – I have been an avid user of social media over the past few years with a public profile. I’d post extensively about my travels to share travel tips with other travellers. With the onset of 2020, I soon moved to a private profile and have reduced sharing a lot of information on social media. It is definitely not a bad thing to share on social media especially if you are an influencer and your whole job revolves around it. But it is definitely important to know where to draw the line between public and private information. Similarly even in your social circle – not everybody needs to know what is happening in your life. Save the good news for people who will genuinely be happy in your happiness.
- To listen to my gut more often – It is funny how my gut warns me about things and people way before my brain registers it and it is funnier how often I ignore my gut. But I’ve learnt to listen to that gut feeling and to not force things that are just plain convenient.
- Anxiety is here to stay – Sure, there are good days and sometimes weeks but inevitably anxiety rears its ugly head and makes a come back in my life. I’ve finally made my peace with anxiety always being a part of my life but I am trying to make sure I deal with it a little better every time it makes a come back.
- It is okay to let go of relationships that don’t add value to your life – I know how hard we all try to hold on to relationships but sometimes the wise thing to do is to walkaway from relationships that are just dead weights in your life. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to cut off completely from people – but reduce contact and expectations.
- Believe in yourself and your dreams – It is always going to be hard to find people that believe in your and your dreams – start with yourself – have faith in yourself and your capabilities and go after what you want no matter what the naysayers say.
- Go with the flow of life – If you are like me, you enjoy making plans for the future but more often than not life doesn’t go as per our plans. So always leave room for life’s plans and learn to go with the flow instead of fighting it – life is that much easier. Unless the flow is taking you towards a waterfall then swim for your damn life!
- It’s okay to take a break – I’ve always been one of those people who felt guilty about taking a break. I think the culture I come from values hard work over happiness and peace. But this year has forced me to take a break and helped me from burning out. So to all those struggling with giving themselves a breather – it’s okay to stop for a while as long as you catch up from where you left off after.
I hope to find more peace in this year by making peace with my past and present. What are some life lessons you’ve learnt in 2021? Has it been a good, so-so or not so great year for you?
PS: Hey you, yes you! Go checkout my other latest posts and show them some love –
- Visit India : Kashmir Diaries
- These Are A Few Of My Favourite Scents
- The Three Worst Dates Of My Life
- Gratefulness Diaries
- Laughter Lines
If you are new to my blog – welcome to my world! I try to spread happiness and cheer through my content but more often end up venting about my life on here. Follow me to join me in my adventures and mishaps that make my life interesting. ❤
Image 1: Photo by energepic.com on Pexels.com
Image 2: Photo by Jill Wellington on Pexels.com