Hell yeah, I’m a dazzling blogger! 😀
I have been slacking on responding to award posts. I kept telling myself that I’ll collect a few nominations and respond together and now we are at a number which would take 2 posts to do and I am too lazy to do that. (Please don’t hate me for my laziness in responding.)
Anyhow, a few days back BosssyBabe nominated me for ‘The Dazzling Blogger Award’ and I decided to do a bonus weekend post responding to her thought provoking questions. I LOVE BosssyBabe’s posts – she is such an honest and fun blogger. She is also an amazing and supportive friend. If you aren’t following her already – GO do it now. Her posts are extremely relatable and to me she is a total ‘Badass blogger’.
Getting to the award –
The Official Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for The Dazzling Blogger award.
2. Link back to the original post.
3. Answer the seven questions that they asked on their blog post.
4. Make up seven new questions.
5. Nominate seven more people for The Dazzling Blogger award who you think exemplifies excellent blogging skills.
BosssyBabe’s questions for her nominees:
1. Do you have any regrets in your life and if so, what would you say is your biggest regret?
I have a few regrets mostly for things I didn’t do. (Kids, if you are reading this – it is the things you don’t do that come back to haunt you later) I think the regret that haunts me the most is not going on exchange during my MBA. It was an amazing opportunity to go to Europe for a few months to travel, explore the place at leisure and experience total cultural immersion but instead I chose to stay back because of someone that was important in my life then. I think I missed out on a great opportunity in doing so.
2. What did you believe as a young kid that was totally silly/wrong/untrue?
When I was younger I believed that India would be a super power by 2020. But here we are in 2021, grappling with COVID and lack of proper medical facilities. People selling emergency medical supplies (that can save lives) for inflated cost of 500X. Add to that a population so brain washed by those in power that they can’t see that divided we all fall.
PS: We are not a poor country. Infact our government is currently spending millions of dollars on building a new parliament building.
3. If you had a life motto, what would it be?
Always choose the path that takes you closest to inner peace.
4. What is one thing you still hope to accomplish at some point in your life?
“Still hope” – I think I have enough time to achieve a few things 😛
I have had these plans in my head for the last 3-4 years about how to help impoverished people in India- I hope to achieve those plans in the next decade.
5. What is one thing you worked so hard for or dreamed of that you were able to finally achieve or acquire? Was it as good as you thought it would be?
I’ve worked very hard through my academic life (I’m an engineer and MBA from top schools in India) but I felt lost after because I felt like I didn’t belong in the corporate world. I always wanted to be a badass boss running my own venture and I finally launched my business this year only for lockdown to hit me hard. It hasn’t been easy or smooth running but here’s hoping I am able to make it as successful as I want it to be. (No, I don’t have goals to be a billionaire)
6. If you could have one superpower, what would your power be and why?
To resolve conflicts and in turn achieve world peace. Conflicts really trigger my anxiety even if I’m not involved in it. We all are literally counting down time to our end – why not spend our little time on Earth happily and in peace? (Oh God, I sound like I’m trying to win Miss. Universe but this is an honest answer)
7. Can money really buy happiness? Why or why not?
I don’t think this has a simple yes or no answer. I worked very hard to get a very well paying typical-post-MBA-banker job but it didn’t spark joy in me. I quit my job last year to travel (which didn’t happen – thank you COVID) and to explore starting my own venture. And currently I don’t have a lot of money since most of my savings are invested in my business (with minimal returns as of now, again, thank you COVID). I’m definitely happier now than I was before when I was earning a lot of money. But having said that – being able to shop whatever I wanted and being able to catch a flight and just go anywhere, anytime – did make me happy too. So in my experience, money can buy you momentary happiness (so if you have enough you can buy perpetual happiness) but it can’t buy you inner peace.
I LOVED these questions since they made me think a lot! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers and stories.
*drum roll please*
My nominees are –
Shivani from Storytime with Shivani
Nehal from Books and Words
Libby from The Goddess Attainable (She has just launched her podcast – go listen now!)
Poorwa from Poorwa’s Blog (She is hosting a photography contest – do participate!)
Lebogang from Exhortations With Shazzy (I did a collab post with this wonderful soul – definitely check it out)
Shahrin from Small Moments of Wonder
Ashmita from The Fictional Journal
And you, if you want to participate
- If you had a choice between – living forever OR living till the age of 60 but being able to see snippets of the future – which would you choose and why?
- What would your strategy be to escape a zombie apocalypse?
- If you could collaborate with anyone to write a book together who would you collaborate with?
- What is the pettiest thing you’ve done?
- If you had to change one thing about yourself – what would you change?
- What did you believe as a kid that turned out to be totally wrong/untrue/silly?
- If you were offered a considerable amount of money to sell your blog and your blog identity – would you accept?
The idea behind having these awards is to promote each other while having fun. I often find bloggers to follow through these award nominations. I hope you had fun reading this post and even if you aren’t nominated please feel free to leave your answers in the comments. ❤
PS: To the nominees – there is absolutely NO pressure to participate 🙂
If you are looking for blogger recommendations here are some –
And if you are looking for other fun posts, check out my other latest posts –