I’ve been blogging for over a year now and I am hooked. I spend a lot of time everyday on the WP app – it has become a ritual to check my WP app like I check my fridge when I’m bored. Having spent some time here, I do have some secrets – some spicy, some fun and some factual. Here are my confessions –
1. I don’t like some bloggers. There I said it. I’m obviously not going to name them but there are some bloggers that I don’t really like for totally immature reasons (considering I barely know them). But it’s not all lovey dovey in the blogging world.
2. My stats disappoint me. This isn’t about being hard on myself. I get a lot of comments about the number of followers I have and to be totally honest it throws me off because my stats and my follower count don’t really match up.
3. I don’t follow a lot of bloggers. I can’t follow someone just for the sake of it. There has to be something about that blog that interests me – the content, the writing or the blogger. I only follow a blog after I’ve read 4-5 posts and know that I’m going to enjoy reading future content.
4. I feel jealous of other bloggers. I feel two types of jealousy – one, when a blogger writes something spectacular and I wish I could write as well as them and second, when a blogger’s average posts gets a lot of likes and comments. It’s not something that happens often but it does happen and I am so embarrassed to admit it.
5. I really adore some bloggers. It’s totally crazy since I haven’t met anyone from this blogging world but the interactions I’ve had with a few have made them a permanent part of my heart. I truly hope I get to meet these beautiful people at some point in the future.
6. I don’t share my blog posts with family and friends. Haha. I just feel like I’m a different person on here. I’m more real here and I have very few filters. I like keeping this part of my life away from the other part of my life. Funnily, a few of my friends who do know about my blog often find out things about me from the blog.
7. This blog has been such a good influence on me. From making me write more to making me get back to reading to helping me on days when I want to vent to finding motivation in other blogger’s posts to just helping me make friends.
8. There are some types of content that I don’t enjoy reading at all. I am going to get a lot of hate for this. I don’t enjoy reading posts that are overtly religious (I am agnostic). I also am not the biggest fan of blogger interviews – I get it is a great way to promote each other but reading the same questions answered by different types of bloggers just isn’t fun for me. (I love promoting fellow bloggers and I do quarterly blogger recommendation posts. Check them out here – part 1 & part 2) I also avoid shopping haul posts mainly because I’m being more conscious about the content I consume because I’m trying to be more sustainable.
I spilled the tea! Now its your turn. What are your confessions? 😀
PS: I broke my phone screen today morning – so I’m really sad. Post some fun confessions to cheer me up. :(
Read my other posts and show them some love (they are less bitchy, I promise 😀 )