If you’ve been following me for a while – you know that I write about whatever I feel like. This is my safe space to share all the crazy whacky thoughts that I have. There is one topic that I have avoided writing about entirely which is my dating life. I am single as of now (haha I sound so hopeful) but I have been dating on-off over the past 2-3 years. Some interactions have been interesting, some plain hilarious and a few heart breaking. The reasons I’ve avoided writing about my dating experiences are –
- There are a lot of young people (<18 years) following me and I don’t want my dating experiences to influence them in any way.
- I’m not very comfortable talking about my dating life even with friends. I feel like talking about my dating life jinxes it. I dislike judgement, advice and opinions that influence how I feel.
- It is quite personal.
- My family and friends are aware that this blog exists but don’t read it. (1-2 friends do) On the off chance that they see my blog, I’m not going to be able to avoid talking about it with them.
Here’s why I want to write about it –
- Writing has helped me with so many things in the past year especially managing my anxiety. I think writing about my dating life will help me through all the anxiety and crazy that accompanies it.
- Hopefully since I’m writing about it and not talking about it – it won’t jinx it. (LOOPHOLE 😀 )
- It would make great content for this blog. Hahah! If you’ve watched SATC – imagine a column like that – just WAY WAY more PG. Funnily, SATC was the reason I even started this blog. 😀
- I wouldn’t be sharing a lot of details just about my experiences and feelings.
So here’s how you can help – let me know in the comments below – if you would be interested in reading my dating chronicles. I’m hoping to write a weekly or a fortnightly post on it – depending on what’s happening in my life. If you think it’s a totally stupid or bad idea – please let me know that too! I appreciate all advice and opinions on this (but not on my dating life :P). COMMENT!
PS: I am without a phone so my replies are limited to when I login to my laptop! Sorry for delayed responses! 😦
Check out my latest posts after you’ve finished commenting ❤