I can’t believe that the first half of another year is over! Time has lost its relevance since March’2020. Half of this first half – I spent in a creative dry spell owing to my poor mental health. But I wanted to share some ups and downs of my blogging journey this year – hoping to keep me motivated on this journey.
Lets look at the milestones –
Milestone #1 – Followers
Honestly, it doesn’t matter how many followers you have – it is the quality of the followers that is more important but reaching these follower count milestones still makes me happy!
Current Follower Count – 1431
Achievement Unlocked – crossed a 1000 followers in March’21! WUHU!
I had sort of hoped to cross 1500 followers by June – but with my erratic posting and not being around – it was inevitable to not gain followers.
Milestone #2 – First Collab Post
I did my first collaboration post with my amazing blogging friend, Lebogang. I have been vary of collaboration posts – mainly because I only want to collaborate with bloggers who are friends. I am not a snob, I just am erratic – I take forever to reply to emails, I have creative blah phases where I just can’t write, I have social anxiety so I avoid looking at my mail for days together. I know my blogging friends understand all these quirks that make me who I am and don’t get offended. But to a new person, it would seem like I’m totally obnoxious.
Milestone #3 – Best views ever
Highest views and visitor count on a single day on this blog! I unlocked this feat on 6th June.
Views – 300+
Visitors – 144
Again, these numbers are subjective from blogger to blogger- but in comparison to my past performance, it felt so good to reach this feat. And I by no means am showing off – just celebrating the small victories!
Top post on my blog was a surprising one since I wrote it while traveling in March. It was supposed to be a fun, filler post but ended up doing really well. Read now – 5 Irrational Fears of Mine
Milestone #4 – One year of blogging
This might seem like a non-milestone to many – but being here, actively blogging despite creative blocks and poor mental health – has been a huge achievement for me. One full year of active blogging in April’21! ❤️
Milestone #5 – Blogging Fam
I think this year, first quarter, I made the most blogging friends that I have in my entire journey so far. I met some amazing bloggers who are the reason I’m still here. I’m not going to name them all because it’s going to take me a while but you know who you are and I love you!
Now lets get into things I hope to do in the second half of the year –
- Get back to a blogging schedule – I haven’t been on a schedule these past 2 months and I want to get back to it once I am a little bit more settled on my work front.
- Be more frequent with replying to comments and emails – I am going to allot some time every single day to do this. Since I reply to comments only on 2 days in a week, I often miss out on replying to comments on my older posts.
- Make more blogger friends – I want to have this huge circle of blogger friends and I am going to work on getting there.
- Make a group for bloggers on FB or an email chain – This is just an idea that I have – to make a closed group for serious bloggers – we can share ideas on there, motivate each other, share blogging tips and tricks. Let me know your thoughts on this one!
- Monetize my blog – I haven’t done it yet for various reasons but am toying with the idea of monetizing this blog on my birthday in October. What do you think? I am putting it off till October to make sure I am serious about it.
- Stop being hard on myself with regards to writing and blogging – the number of times I doubt myself before and after posting! I just want this to be fun! 🙂
How was your blogging half year? What were some of your milestones – big and small? I’d love to celebrate them with you, so let me know in the comments below! 😀
Give my other recent posts some love –