My friends say – blogging is a fun hobby. But is it really? Anyone who has been blogging for a few months will know that it can get stressful when the stats aren’t flowing and the likes aren’t coming. I love how blogging has provided me with an outlet for my feelings and thoughts but at the same time I hate how at the end of every week I obsess over not getting a lot of views (considering I really don’t do anything to promote my blog). There are a few recurring thoughts that I think while blogging. These thoughts range from happy to sad to envious to downright evil.
Here are some thoughts that I have pretty often and hope other bloggers can relate –
- After every post – “Why did I get only 60 likes despite having 1000 followers? Did the others follow me and immediately disappear from the face of earth?”
- When work gets too hectic – “Can I monetize this blog and retire already? I think I’m funny enough to earn enough to atleast be able to shop at the H&M sale racks.”
- When someone connects on the gram – “She started following my personal profile (which is actually public), now she’ll know I’m not as cool as I make it sound on the blog!”
- Readings posts that are snooze fests but have a 100 loving comments –“WAIT, that gets 200 likes and a 100 comments but my hilarious post doesn’t? LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!”
- Every time someone nominates you for an award – “May every little girl who witnessed this moment forever believe in the power of her dreams and may they see their faces reflected in mine. I proudly state I am
Miss Universe 2019oops, Vincent Elogjhsjsfjggj Blogger Award Nominee!”
Please tell me you have similar thoughts and I’m not the weird one thinking these thoughts. I have chosen the least controversial of my thoughts to share, if you’d want a post with the more controversial thoughts – let me know in the comments. (:P) What are recurring thoughts that you have?
*Reposting this from last year. One of my favourite posts.*
If you enjoyed this post give my other recent posts some love –
- Your Feelings Are Valid: Year-End Edition (Goodbye 2022)
- 25 Things I’ll Do In The Last 25 Days of 2022
- November 2022 – Month Review
- Soul Connections – Do Souls Recognise Each Other?
- Comforting Words For Anyone Dealing With Loss
Photo credit: vector stock, google