The pandemic has changed a lot of things in my life. Pre-pandemic I was working a corporate job and leading a chill, single life. Now I am running my own show and hustling as much as I can. Thanks to all the changes in my life, there are a few things that I haven’t felt the need to use, these are –
- HEELS – I used to wear heels at my corporate job or while going out but I haven’t used them ever since. *SIGH* I miss wearing heels every day but with my business – I have switched to more comfortable sandals now. (makes it easier to hustle 😀 ) And I haven’t done much of going out – so I haven’t seen my heels in A LONG TIME.
- SWIMWEAR – I haven’t been to a pool or any other water body since February’20. I am pretty sure I won’t even fit into my old swim wear. But I so wish I get to go to the beach soon.
- TRAINS – While I didn’t take the train a lot before the pandemic, I also haven’t used it after it hit. It feels a little scary to be in a shared space with people for a long duration. I have flown twice since the pandemic hit but on the whole haven’t really travelled. Hoping that things settle down in a few months and I am able to travel again. I, also, haven’t used the metro to commute around my city since this pandemic hit.
- BASE MAKE-UP – I don’t use a lot of make-up because I am lazy so I usually stick to the kajal + lip colour look. I used to do a full face of makeup for weddings or special occasions but with having to wear a mask for attending even special occasions now, I haven’t bothered to do a full face of make up in the past year. RIP – my unused foundation and concealer.
- CHUNKY JEWELRY – I love wearing BIG chunky earrings and have a HUGE collection of it (over 100 big earrings – I used to be a shopaholic) but with it getting in the way of wearing and removing a mask – I haven’t worn my big chunky earrings in the past year. 😦
What are some things that you haven’t used in a post pandemic world? Are things back to normal in your nook of the world?
Check out my other latest posts here –