Disclaimer – this is a FUNNY post.
I have been online dating on and off for the past two years. While online dating has made it easier to find people to date, it has also made dating extremely complicated. With thousands of profiles on dating apps, I have developed some pet peeves that help me go through the profiles faster. I usually swipe right on 1/30 profiles – so you know I’ve got some crazy, weird pet peeves.
- I WILL NOT MATCH WITH A MAN WHO HAS A SHIRTLESS PHOTO ON HIS PROFILE! I’m sorry but I just CAN’T reward this sort of vanity. Also, the men with shirtless photos on dating apps are the ones that SHOULD be wearing their shirts at all times.
- Men with photos in the gym – again a NO GO! I really appreciate a man who is in good shape and works out but I don’t need to see a sweaty gym photo showing off your bicep – ARGHH.
- I really don’t understand those man-children who post smoking photos on their profile thinking it makes them look cool – no, bro, NO!
- Most dating apps have these ‘question prompts’ that you can add to your profile. The one that annoys me the most is – “The hallmark of a great relationship is” – and the generic gibberish answers like “honesty, love and trust”. SNOOZE FEST ALERT!
- I just don’t trust a man who has 3 or more selfies on his profile. I can’t explain it but I don’t.
- I also never match with someone who ‘typs lyk dis’. Was it really that hard for you to type YOU, that you settled for U? *BIGGEST EYE ROLL POSSIBLE*
- WHY would someone have hashtags on their dating profile!!?? Like this just boggles my mind so much. Is it somehow cool to have #wanderlust on your dating profile?
- This one is going to sound really stupid – but if you’ve been following my blog for a while – you know how lazy I am – so if someone lives outside a 10km radius from my place – it is a NO GO! I am never going to make THAT much effort to go meet someone. I am just too lazy and not in that much of a rush to find someone.
- The first thing I usually check is a guy’s job and educational qualifications – I am older and wiser and more practical. These things do matter to me considering I am pretty well educated (engineer + MBA).
- HEIGHT. I can already feel the flak coming for this point. This is just a BONUS point – if a guy is tall (6ft is ideal), I’ll probably be convinced faster to match with him.
This post probably gives you an idea as to why I am still single. (:P) I don’t know if these pet peeves are legit but I think they sort of make sense. Despite all this, I have dated some nice guys and I will tell you more about my dating experiences in future posts! What are some of your pet peeves or criteria for dating someone?
PS: Since all of you seem pretty excited to read about my dating experiences – I’ve decided to write about it fortnightly – some experiences, some fun general stuff. Hope you enjoy it!
Check out my other latest posts and show them some love –