How are you doing this lovely Monday (no, I’m not high :D)? As you all might know by now – I am a very quirky person. While most people try to be normal and fit in with their peers – I have come to slowly enjoy my quirks and own my unique craziness. I did a post way back in March on 5 quirks of mine and so many of you shared your own quirks which made the post so much more fun. So here are 5 more quirks of mine –
- Phobia of using public washrooms. I am terrified of using public washrooms because in my head they are a breeding ground for countless diseases. I control having to go (which is a terrible habit) till I can use a private washroom. If you have been following me for a while, you know how much I love travelling and used to travel. This phobia has put me in such tough situations while travelling.
- In line with no.1, I feel most comfortable using my own bathroom at home. So even if I stay over at someone’s place at night, I wake up super early (even before the host has woken up) and head home to use my own bathroom. My friends find it so so so odd but I’d just like the comfort of my own bathroom. I also don’t like sharing my bathroom with anyone (I am a total weirdo).
- I like my mess. I am a messy person in general – though I like to keep my room and other spaces neat and clean, I like to have one place in my room for my mess. I hate when someone tries to sort out that mess or comments on it – it is just comforting to have one area for my mess. Wow, while typing this I was reminded of Monica’s messy secret cupboard – so relatable.
- I re-watch old shows more than I watch new shows. I think this has to do with my anxiety problem. Re-watching old favourite shows makes me feel so warm and just comfortable. So if I spend 16 hours in a week watching content – I probably spend 14 hours re-watching an old show (Gilmore Girls, Brooklyn 99, The Office, etc.) and 2 hours trying to find something new to watch (I recently watched ‘Kevin Can F**K Himself’. Have you seen it?).
- I don’t like watching movies. It just seems like too much of a commitment to sit down and watch a 2 hour long movie. I also like how the story keeps going in the shows but hate that it abruptly ends in movies. The only movies that tempt me are animated ones and horror paranormal movies (haha – that contrast). I haven’t watched any popular mainstream movie in the last 3-4 years.
I have so many quirks – I can literally do 10 more posts on this topic. Since this is a fun, chill post, I am nominating some of my blogging friends to do a post revealing their quirks. (There is no pressure to do it.) Nominating-
Sam from Diary of a Dreamer
Shweta from My Random Ramblings
Lebogang from Exhortions With Shazzy
Libby from The Goddess Attainable
Megan from Megan’s Corner
Divi from The Name is Divi
Poorwa from Poorwa’s Blog
What are your quirks? Am I the only weirdo out here? 😀
Check out my other recent posts –