A lot of my perspective and experiences around blogging have changed a lot over the past 18 months. I have learnt a lot and changed a lot too as a blogger. Where am I blogging wise a year and a half into this blogging game?
- People calling me ‘Happy Panda’ feels odd– with my blogosphere now filled with friends, I now have more bloggers address me by my real name than my blogging alias. It has gotten to the point that when someone does address me as Happy Panda or Panda or Happy (this one is the funniest) or HP – it elicits a laugh. 😀 (Do you think I should change my blog name?)
- Stopped caring about ‘STATS’ – I think I’ve been so busy with life and work that I have stopped worrying about my blog’s stats. For the longest, I’d keep a daily check on them and my growth but now I probably think about checking it once in a month.
- I am considering monetizing my blog – I have been toying around with the idea for the past few months and the thing that kept me from monetizing my blog was work taking precedence and me giving up on this blog. But since that hasn’t happened (yet), as a birthday gift to myself – I am considering monetizing my blog sometime next month. (WUHUUU)
- I have become more open about sharing about my life – I won’t be sharing my address and phone number on here any time soon, but I do share a lot of other details about my life on here. I have also started voicing my opinions even if they contradict or don’t match someone else’s opinion. (I also started a blog series on my dating life – check it out here. It is all PG13. )
- I have started missing friends from the blogosphere – I haven’t been around a lot and seem to miss seeing posts from some of my close friends, when that happens for a while – I start missing them a lot. (It is just me or is there a lull around and a lot of bloggers seem to not be posting very often?)
That is where I am at right now 18 months into this world. I hope I stick around long enough to do a 2 year check in too. 🙂 Where are you at in your blogging journey?
PS: If you are living in India, my brand is having a GIVEAWAY on Instagram. Definitely participate to win some cool, sustainable goodies.
Check out my other recent posts –