I’ve been blogging for a while now – something that I didn’t expect – but I am addicted to this world. So despite my crazy schedule, work load or other plans – I still find time to be here (not as much time as before though). Here are some things about blogging that TOTALLY surprised me –
1. No creepy experiences – NO, I’m not hoping for creepy stuff to happen but I have heard of some bloggers having weird experiences on here and I am super glad that I haven’t had any creepy experiences.
2. Met really cute and positive people – Despite being miles apart and never having met, I still feel so attached to my small group of friends on here. I can reach out to them for advice and discuss non-blogging things with them as well.
3. Found my new favourite author – Most of my reading list over the past year has been books recommended by bloggers on here. While I have enjoyed a lot of the recommendations, I never thought I’d discover an author that I’d LOVE LOVE. One of the recommendations I got was Madeline Miller – and I am so glad I read her books because she is one of my favourite authors now!
4. People like reading what I write – honestly, when I started this blog – I used to send links of my every post to friends and family – and not many really bothered to read the posts. So having even a few people genuinely read and enjoy the content I put out has been really surprising.
(My post on blogging mistakes that I make still gets so many views which is so surprising.)
5. Growing without trying – I don’t really do anything to market this blog – other than just write and interact with other bloggers. While growth may mean different things to different people – for me just steady views on my my posts – is growth. While I haven’t been the most active these past few months – still seeing steady views and a little growth – has been surprising to me.
I love sharing my blogging experiences since it has been a fun journey. What are some things about blogging that surprised you?
PS: I will be off here for a few days – since it is my birthday in a few days and I need some quiet time to mull over how old I am getting 😀
PPS: Read my other posts, if you miss me too much 😛