How is December treating you? Can you believe we are almost through with half the month and just 2 weeks away from 2022? Ahhh, time is flying FAR too fast! I read this meme which said – 2021 was both the slowest and fastest year – and boy did I feel that. With the cold setting in, I have been enjoying snuggling in my blanket and binge watching content every single night. I watched some amazing shows as well as some ‘eh’ content.
Here are a few shows that totally surprised me and I ended up binging on –
- The Sex Lives of College Girls – To be very honest, I only started watching this out of boredom and because I knew that Mindy Kaling has produced it. I love Mindy – she is funny, smart and just an amazing entrepreneur. While I wasn’t expecting to like the show (in my head I thought it would be a typical college show) I did end up enjoying the show a lot. Out of the 4 main protagonists, I really like the story lines of Bela & Leighton. The other two girls’ stories seemed a little too cliched. But overall I enjoyed watching the show a lot. (PS: for young kids who are reading this, please take parental consent before watching it.)
- An Astrological Guide for Broken Hearts – I very randomly stumbled across this Italian show. I started watching it for the extremely good looking Italian men in the show but got hooked mainly because the protagonists sun sign is the same as mine and that had me intrigued. Only 6 episodes are out and I watched them all over two nights. It is a fun, mindless show.
- Only Murders in The Building – I already mentioned that I binged watched this show in October but I still wanted to include it in the list because this has to be my favourite show from 2021. If you want to watch a really funny show – definitely give this one a shot!
- Mare of Easttown – Again a show that had me hooked and I binged watched it over a week! A detective from Pennsylvania tries her best to prevent her life from falling apart while investigating a mysterious murder. While I loved the show and Kate Winslet, the ending was a HUGE let down. The last episode undid everything the show built up to. Not saying more to avoid spoilers.
- Malory Towers – If you read this classic series by Enid Blyton when you were younger, you are going to find this show so cute! Again. I randomly stumbled across this show but love how cutesy it is. (Edit: Since I got a lot of comments asking what platform I watched this show on – I use this shady website to watch HBO Max/HULU/Apple TV content on and I found it randomly on that website. Not sure where you can watch it outside of the UK.)
Shows I watched and didn’t like –
- And Just Like That – Talk about ruining a beloved show. The first two episodes of the Sex and The City reboot came out this week and boy, were they bad! As someone who loved the original show – these two episodes were absolutely painful to watch. I don’t want to spoil the show for anyone but WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH CARRIE? Did she totally lose her mind? And the story for bumping Samantha out of the show – ARGH!! Also, how much botox has Kristin Davis gotten – her face has zero expressions!
- Ghosts – I started watching this sitcom but 2 episodes in, I gave up! The premise sounded quite fun – “A young couple inherits a dilapidated property from a distant relative unaware of its invisible residents and proceeds to renovate it to the consternation of its inhabitants (ghosts!).” But it was quite boring!
I also started watching my holiday content which I’ll share an update on soon. What are you watching currently? Any recommendations?
PS: If you live in India, my brand is having a huge giveaway on Instagram. Participate to win some fun goodies.
If you haven’t already, checkout my other latest posts –