The year is off to a rocky start. Omicron has taken over our lives across countries with restrictions and lockdowns back in place. A few of my friends have also caught the bug and it is seriously bugging me now. So Bloganuary’s prompt for the day (5 things that I am grateful for) comes at a time when I really do need to contemplate and be grateful for so many things around me. I’ll be honest, I’m disappointed at how much 2022 is starting to look like 2020 but there is hope in my heart that things will look up soon. So what 5 things am I grateful for today?
1. I’m grateful that my family and friends are safe. Even the ones who have tested positive are not in need of hospitalization and are healing at home.
2. There is no total lockdown in my city currently. If you aren’t aware, I run my own small business and a lockdown would mean loss of business for me.
3. Talking about my small business, I had taken a short break and I’m back at work this week. I received a few orders while I was on the break and I’m grateful for them.
4. I saw my first snowfall in 2022. So so grateful to have experienced this. (More about this in a lengthier post later)
5. This is a funny one but I bought this tiny personal heater last year. All it does is heat the space in it’s immediate vicinity. Since I’m not big on using our proper heater (it dries out my skin), this heater is such a blessing to just get that little warmth going before sleeping and in the morning before getting out of bed. Plus how cute is it?
Those were the 5 things I’m grateful for today. What are you grateful for? How is the Omicron situation in your country?
PS: Sorry for not replying to comments on the past few posts, I was on the go and couldn’t really take out time for much other than posting. 🙂
Checkout my other latest posts –