The Three Worst Dates Of My Life

While most of my dating posts are written on a lighter note, I did want to share some of the not-so-great parts of my dating life too. I did a post about my best three dates and while I wish most dates went that way, I’ve had my share of ARGHHH dates too. By sharing these experiences, I also hope to educate some of my younger audience about dealing with some of the situations they might find themselves in. So here are the three worst dates of my life –

THE ABSOLUTE WORST DATE OF MY LIFE

Photo by Vera Arsic on Pexels.com

This happened way back in 2019 when I had just started dating again after a really bad heart break. I started chatting with this guy on a dating app and he seemed normal although a little pushy about sharing personal details (which I didn’t). Anyhow one Saturday night about 2 weeks into chatting, he asked to meet and I was bored at home and agreed. From the onset of our meeting, I could tell that he wasn’t someone I could be romantically into and kind of wanted to end the date fast and go back to my lazy weekend. This next part is a little hard to write since it is something that I haven’t told a lot of people too. But he kept trying to put his hand on me – hold my hand, run his hand on my back and I kept swatting his hand away. I decided to call it a night and just get away from him but he kept insisting that I should go back to his place. The “insisting” got very scary since he wouldn’t take no for an answer and the few minutes I waited for my cab were really scary. I got into the cab and literally RAN away from him. He messaged later and tried to make me feel guilty – but I never met him again.

Takeaways for people who are dating – ALWAYS meet in a public place atleast for the first few dates. DO NOT give in to anything that you don’t want to do even if the person is being persistent or guilt tripping you. Tell a friend where you are going and with whom. If you feel uncomfortable at any point, LEAVE without feeling apologetic. Don’t drink too much on a first date, I’m not being a prude but it is always better to be in control of all your faculties. Make sure your phone is charged and have some basic cash on you (for worst case scenarios).

Read about my dating tips & tricks.

The ‘I LOVE YOU’ date

Photo by Khoa Vu00f5 on Pexels.com

This one is a recent date from 2 months back. Again within a few minutes of meeting, I knew it wasn’t it (always trust your gut). In these situations I usually just try to get through to that 1.5 hours mark and then make an excuse to leave. While the date wasn’t going wow, our chats had been really fun and at the 30th minute mark, while I was prepping my excuse, he suddenly grabs my hand and says – “I love you”. I kid you not, I half choked on the slice of pizza I was eating. He kept going on about his “strong” feelings while I tried to regain my composure. I tried reasoning with him and explaining how it wasn’t “love” but he wouldn’t listen. At this point I became acutely aware of how silent the people at the next table had gotten, they had decided that our conversation was far more interesting than their own. I could have just died of embarrassment. I tried ending the dinner and leaving but he didn’t want to – so I finally asked for the bill – paid and left.

Takeaways for people who are dating – As “serendipitous” as it may seem in chat, you can never really know how you feel till you meet someone. Have realistic expectations from dates and don’t start making ‘castles in the air’ basis some conversations on chats. Also, ALWAYS listen to that gut feeling. A lot of times we are so keen to make something work out we just ignore it but that gut is right 99% of times.

The Shocker Of A Date

Photo by Andrea Piacquadio on Pexels.com

This one was a really sad worst date. I met this incredibly gorgeous nerdy boy for a date and it was going so good. He was THE perfect boy that I had always wanted – very very cute (like my heart skipped a beat on seeing his smile cute), very nerdy, working in a similar role and equally well educated. It literally seemed like my dream was coming true. We totally lost track of time as we talked on and on. As the time came for us to leave, he seemed to be building up the courage to tell me something – I was hoping he was just working out the nerve to ask for a second date. He says, “Listen this was fun and I’d love to take you out again.” <My heart started doing a mini-dance> “But there is something you should know.” <Oh, no> “I already have a long time girlfriend but we are sort of in a long distance relationship so I am just on dating apps to have some fun before we move to the same city again.” <WHUUUUUUT> “I just thought it was the decent thing to do to tell you now.” <Brain freeze, heart dies>

Takeaways for people who are dating – If it sounds like it is too good to be true, it probably is. *sniffs*

As much as I love sharing the fun and funnier aspect of my dating life, I do also want to be real and share the not-so-pretty moments. Moments that made me want to become a monk and just go on a journey away from all mankind. Have you been on any bad dates? Which was the absolute worst one?

Read more dating stories here.

PS: Checkout my dear friend – Lebogang’s post – it is so cute and I love that I am included in it

Give my other recent posts some love –

1. 😂😂 this was such fun to read.

2. Nehal Jain says:

Ok the first one is downright scary. But the second one was so hilarious. Had I been on the table near you, I would have laughed out loud and later told all my friends about it, lmao.
    And the last one-OH DAMN THAT SOUNDS SO SADDDDDDDDD

Liked by 2 people

It was horrific – I could have just died when I realised they were listening to our conversation. I’m sure they must be telling A LOT of people the story too. 🙈🙈🙈
      The third one was legit heartbreaking. He was my perfect dream guy. 🥺🥺

1. Lily-Anne says:

That 3rd one was something else ☹️. Also, I didn’t realize people did that. Go around on dating apps while they’re in long distance relationships. I guess just to meet new people but nothing more?

Liked by 2 people

So I did ask him more in detail about what he was doing on dating apps (he was on them ALL) – he was looking to hook-up with girls and have some casual fun while not in the same city with his girlfriend. 🙈
        I don’t think anyone does this – this was an one-off case and it had to happen to me. 🥺

3. Lily-Anne says:

That’s not good 😅

3. Saumya B says:

The first one was such a creep 😳

Have you ever dated someone in your teenage? In school? I would really want to read a post about that!!

He was and the worst part was that he thought that he was right – that it was his “right” to get the girl to go home with him. 😐
      Hahah, TBH, I was a nerd who started prepping for JEE in 9th grade and just wanted to get into a top engineering college. Boys were just a distraction.🙈 I had my first bf in college. So no dating experiences from teen years.

4. akshita1776 says:

the first one sounds horrendous😶

It gave me nightmares for days to come since it was the first (and last) time something that creepy happened to me.

5. Oh girl these are TERRIBLE!!! I feel you, I’ve had some bad ones and these are BAD, you don’t deserve this crap. Although I found in my dating journey that every single one of these dates from hell taught me something invaluable. And then with each new date, I got better and better at navigating all of it. Which you are totally doing. You are kicking ass! Omg love is so fucking weird. People are so fucking weird. And dating sucks! 🤣🤣🤣

Dating really sucks! It almost feels like there are NO normal people out there. 😭

1. I know I’m kind of dreading going back out there but I’m def gonna stay hopeful! Starting to realize maybe everyone’s crazy, even us?! Ha I dunno 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️

6. vaniheart says:

Ok the first one was such a creep… god!!
    But what breaks my heart was the 3rd one like really?? Dude just break up with your girl and just go ahead with your dating life… 🙄 😒 like seriously 🙄 is this is what relationships are upto these days

7. bosssybabe says:

oh gosh, these are terrible dates you had to endure! I’ve had some bad dates myself… people showing up 5 or 6 inches shorter than their profile detailed lol, people being 10 years older than their younger profile picture… and the worst was the guy who was RUDE to the waiter who served us… ewww! I had no issues just ending it!

8. SamSahana says:

“If it sounds like it is too good to be true, it probably is.” Lmao. That’s sad but the way you put it is funny. Sorry, I shouldn’t be so sadistic 🤭 These do sound like some terrible experiences and I hope they never happen to you again. I remember you telling us abt the 2nd on on the telegram group. Wow, such people make me cringe! Thank heavens you escaped from the first guy. Actually 🙏 As an aroace, I’ll never understand what goes on in a romantic’s head but I do know these are not experiences anyone would want. I can think of women who may have been horny enough to play along with the first guy (and the third guy) no matter how creepy. I’m so glad you were in your senses.
    May you never have such experiences again! 💖

9. That’s so great your honest about this. There are so many valuable lessons to be learned from bad dates

10. Wonani says:

“If it sounds like it is too good to be true, it probably is.” I hate that there is truth to this. LOL. Also, the first guy? That must have been scary. The “I love you” on the first date is weird. He didn’t even know you!

11. Had a guy ask me over to his place for dinner tonight.. the only catch was that I had to buy the groceries first. You can’t make this shit up! Men!

12. totally agree Ru..
    ” ALWAYS meet in a public place atleast for the first few dates. DO NOT give in to anything that you don’t want to do even if the person is being persistent or guilt tripping you.”

where did we go again,.. lol.. thanks or catching us up! 💖

13. Mr. Right is out there somewhere. Don’t give up.

I hope so 🙂 Thought with every bad date I go on, that hope is dwindling! 😦

14. I remember those days. Be patient, he is out there somewhere.

15. Ahhh i always make it a point to go on a date in public. And when ever I do, like you mentioned, I let my sisters or friends know where im going and whom im going with. It’s not safe out there.

Ahh sissy. . .thabk you for the shout out. I’m here binge reading your posts because I’ve been away for a long time
    Love you still