This post idea just randomly popped into my head yesterday morning while I opened a new jar of my favourite coffee – that fresh scent of coffee just filled the kitchen and I felt like my morning couldn’t have begun on a more perfect note. I’ve always been very sensitive to scents and odour (my own included) to the extent that really strong scents make me nauseous and leave me with a throbbing headache. But there are some scents that leave me wanting to linger in them long enough to be bathed in that scent. Mostly I gravitate towards more natural scents than perfumed scents. Very strong perfumes often give me a headache and hence, I avoid using them and instead opt for lighter scented more natural body mists. Here are some every day scents that I just LOVE-
- COFFEE – Nothing in the world smells as good as coffee to me. If I could live in a coffee shop, I would! While I am not a huge fan of Starbucks’ coffee but that smell – I could live in a Starbucks shop just to smell that coffee scent all the time. I am anti-human being every single morning till I smell and obviously drink coffee. (My go-to every day coffee is Nescafe Gold but my favouritest coffee ever is Moccona Medium Roast but it isn’t readily available in India)
- FRESH BAKED GOODIES – You know when you are outside a bakery and you open the door and you get a whiff off fresh warmly baked goodies? Or when you’ve freshly baked a loaf of bread and your kitchen is filled with that yeasty-bready smell? I LOVE THAT SMELL. It is such a comforting scent – the kind that lulls me into believing I am safe.
- VANILLA – It probably goes hand in hand with the previous smell but the scent of good vanilla just makes me feel so comfortable and cozy. People consider the vanilla flavour to be boring but the vanilla scent bores me into happiness. 😀 (I personally use The Body Shop Vanilla Mist every single day – it comes in a glass bottle instead of the typical plastic bottle.)
- CLEAN SHEETS – I love when I lay on my bed and I get the little whiff of laundry but nothing too empowering – again just something about the clean sheet smell that is very comforting – probably makes me feel like I am in control of my life, I really don’t know why.
- COCONUTS – This is 100% because of my love for beaches. Coconutty smell reminds me of warmer and happier days spent loafing around on beaches. (Check out my brand’s coconut oil here.)
- CHOCOLATE – I think this has to be a universal comforting scent – the scent of cocoa/chocolate/hot chocolate. Researchers have found that cocoa helps release endorphins in our bodies leading to us feeling happier/less stressed. I vote COCOA for president!
- NEEM – Neem has a very neutral and natural scent and gives the impression of ‘clean’ to my mind which is why I like the neem scent and bathe with a neem soap every day. (Check out my brand’s natural sustainable neem soap here.)
What are some scents that you love? Do you gravitate more towards perfumes or enjoy more natural fragrances? Are you a floral or a fruity person?
Give my other recent posts A LOT of love –