It’s Valentine’s week. I’m guessing most readers are expecting more mushy posts but hey, I’m single, so you’re going to get only funny posts from me. While most of my previous posts discuss my date fails because of the men I went on dates with, this one is all about me. As much as I’d like to be that perfect person to date, I’m not. So here are some recent date fails that are all on me –
1. Cancelling dates out of laziness – it’s blanket weather, so unless you are Shahrukh Khan, I’m not ready to make the effort to doll up to come to see you. So I canceled on a few dates over the winters because of sheer laziness! Do I regret it? Hell no! Nothing beats having hot chocolate in my blanket while watching a re-run of a favourite show (winters = Gilmore Girls re-run).
2. Projecting an image on someone – I’m still learning from my dating experiences about myself and my own red flags (post coming soon). I started chatting with this boy and the chat reminded me of the conversations I had with this other boy back when I was in a different city, lets’s call him Bombay boy. I had a huge crush on the Bombay boy and had I not moved back to Delhi, it could have possibly been something (one of the dates from my best dates post). Unfortunately for this guy though, I started projecting the Bombay guy’s image onto him and imagining that our equation would be similar. When I met him, within a few minutes I was highly disappointed and all-cause of my own overactive imagination.
3. Dating the good guy – In 2021, the 3 guys I went on multiple dates with were all really nice guys. Guys that I felt really safe with but while dating them, I often realized that I wasn’t really attracted to them romantically. It was nice to hang out with them, talk to them but I didn’t feel any romantic feelings towards them. But I’d push that thought away and continue dating them because they were genuinely amazing guys. These guys motivated me, helped me, and were just really positive people (unlike a lot of negative people that surround me). But I’d keep picking flaws in the equation and keep picking fights with them till the whole thing just broke down. And to be honest, after the first few days of missing talking to them, I’d just not miss that awkward equation anymore. I guess I’m still learning and figuring out this whole dating thing. I’m also figuring out what works for me slowly through all these dating fails.
4. Having confused feelings for a friend – It feels SO teenage to even write this out here. It also feels awkward because this is something I haven’t said out aloud or even let myself dwell on but there is this friend that I’ve had confusing feelings for on and off. I guess it is only because it seems very convenient since he is a really good friend but ufff, when that brain starts overthinking. Before you all start overthinking too, no, I’m not going to act on my confused thoughts.
5. Re-dating someone – Not going into the details, but someone that I had tried dating before and it hadn’t worked out (because of me), I gave them another chance. And boy, was it the wrong move! Kids, don’t do stupid things like giving people another chance (just kidding).
So those were stupid things I did recently in my dating life. But here’s something I’ve also realized that as much as I don’t enjoy dating and think of these short-term relationships as failures, they’ve helped me in so many ways. One of the good guys from point no.3, is the one who motivated me to start my own business when I was feeling kind of lost work-wise. One of the other good guys helped me out of so many business conundrums that I found myself in when I was dating him. As much as our journey was not a long one, our short-term interactions left me richer experience-wise and for that, I am thankful to have met them.
I’d love to hear about your dating lives – if you are in a relationship, how did you know when you found ‘the one’? If you are single, what is something that you look for in your partner?
Also, please give my other recent posts A LOT of love –
6 Comments Add yours
Oh well, SRK was my first true love too 🤣🤣
As far as I can tell, you still seem like a total catch!! Don’t give up, he’s out there and you’re amazing!! 💖🌺🌸
Well i can relate to the laziness part 🙃 😅
And srk was my first love too ❤
I was so heart broken when i got to know that he is not only married but have a daughter similar to my age …
I mean how dare he
The first one is amazing! SRK is the best, and I would pick a night with Gilmore girls reruns & hot chocolate any day 🤣🤣
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahah! 😀 Best way to spend winters!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow, it was like reading my life story here lol… I am guilty of all those! Self-sabotaging (cancelling), re-dating, falling for a friend, dating people I wasn’t attracted to.. all of it. I don’t regret my journey, it’s certain given me a heck of a lot to think about and learn from so I am grateful for that!
When I was single, the physical things I looked for (other than obvious mutual attraction) was height and the personality trait I gravitated towards most was humour. I am a person that loves to laugh and loves to make others smile and laugh so that was a no brainer! On our first date when my husband walked me home, he started rapping a random song but in a silly way and it made me burst into laughter.. that’s what I remember about that night the most… the laughing 🙂