PS: I’ve been in a mood this week, so re-sharing this post from last year that I loved writing. ❤️
I think it is fair to say that every single blogger faces this issue ( or non-issue) – some have thousands of followers but only a few hundred engage and some have hundreds of followers but only a few ten engage. Honestly, I don’t actively go looking around for followers – I barely do enough to keep the ones I do have. Yet, I see the follower counter slowly go up day on day – but I don’t see any change in the engagement on my posts. So here are my conspiracy theories about what happens to such followers –
- My follow button doubles as a black hole – this is THE most obvious theory. People read my posts, get amazed (duh!), go hit the follow button but ta-da get swallowed into a massive blackhole. Are there any physicists following me? If yes, can you please help me find said black hole, I’d really like to help my followers.
- My blog is haunted like in the RING movie – if you haven’t watched the movie, people who watch a videotape get killed shortly after. I think my blog might be doing something similar and disappearing people that visit it.
- Aliens disapprove of my blog and abduct anyone that follows it – I can just imagine a disapproving alien reading my posts, shaking his head at the average content and then watching in disbelief as someone hits follow. He probably abducts them to perform tests on these one of a kind type of human beings.
- People unknowingly follow my blog, read the content and give up on the blogosphere- This can most definitely be the cause – people look at my pretty blog – hit the follow button – knowing little what they are signing up for – read one post and never return to the blogging world!
- My content is like sleeping beauty’s spindle – Maybe my content is like that spindle that put’s people into a deep slumber that they can only awaken out of by true love’s kiss and let’s be honest those are hard to come by.
PS: If any of these are true – I want to apologize to my followers 😛
What are your conspiracy theories about what happens to followers that don’t engage? WRONG ANSWERS ONLY! 😀
Like my post and hit that follow button. If you survive whatever horrors that follow, drop a comment below to let me know that you’re okay! 😀
Checkout my other recent posts: