The world is slowly opening up with COVID related regulations slowly being done away with. While I’m excited to go back to normal life, there are some things from the past two years that I wish would continue. Here’s my list –
1. Maintaining 6 ft distance from each other in public. I love this rule! I hate when unknown people are in my personal space. It bugs me when I’m in a queue or in the elevator and there is someone breathing down my neck – arghhhhh. Can we keep this rule?
2. Wearing a face mask. I love wearing a face mask. The number of bad face days that I was able to conceal under the mask. I finally felt comfortable stepping out without bothering to dress up always since people couldn’t really tell it was you. Or trying new styles out because people couldn’t judge me cause they didn’t know it was me. (I know I should stop caring what people think.) Also not having to deal with people’s mouth odour is a fringe benefit.
3. Having limited occupancy in cafes. I hate when you’re out and it’s so crowded that you can’t hear the people you’re with. Also not being able to dish since people are practically crammed next to you.
4. Cheap hotel stays. I know the tourism industry suffered a lot but boy, did I enjoy my many staycations in the best hotels in Delhi at half the cost. It’s unfair to expect to continue with those kinds of prices – but…can we?
5. Using the fear of COVID as an excuse to cancel plans. I know this makes me sound like a crappy friend but I loved having this excuse to veg out in my room.
6. Not wearing jeans. I don’t think I am ever going to wear jeans again, I’ve converted to the comfy pajama life.
7. Less shopping. I loved how I shopped so much lesser since there wasn’t anywhere to go. I became more mindful of how much I spent and on what. I hope I keep being mindful but with things opening up I do find myself craving to shop more.
8. More time to blog. I honestly marvel at how much time I used to spend blogging. Since there wasn’t much to do post-work, I’d spend hours blogging every day. I wish I could get more time to blog.
What are some things you enjoyed about the last two years (despite all the difficulties)?
PS: I did a fun guest post on Libby’s amazing blog on ‘Thoughts I have Every time I visit the Gynaecologist’. Check it out here.
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –