While growing up I had this long checklist of what my ‘prince charming’ will be like – tall, dark, dimples, rich, funny, etc. But over the past 3-4 years, the list has gotten a lot shorter and way more practical. The men I’ve dated have helped me identify the qualities I’d appreciate in the person I’d want to spend the rest of my life with. So what do I want in a man?
- Kindness and genuinely nice: These qualities are extremely rare to find these days. There is this word in an Indian language (Malayalam) – ‘Paavam’ which means someone who has a pure heart. I know you all are wondering if there is anyone that really can fit this bill but I have met a handful of people in my life whom I’ve instantly felt this vibe of kindness and purity from. You instantly feel safe with them. I want this in whoever I do end up dating long-term.
- Aligned goals: I have different parameters of success and happiness in life than just being rich. I hope to be with someone who aligns with those goals. Someone who chooses mental peace over aiming to be on the Forbes Billionaire’s list. Someone who wants to spend on experiences over materialistic possessions. Also, someone who has the same family goals – I don’t want to have biological children, so someone who also wants the same things in life.
- Patience: I need someone who is patient enough to deal with me when I’m going through my anxious phases. I can be pretty difficult to deal with since I like being cut off from everyone during such phases.
- Respectful: I can’t deal with an egoistic man. I hope to find someone who is respectful of me as well as everyone else he interacts with.
- Makes me feel safe enough to be vulnerable: I hate being venerable with people. I am just very closed off with sharing my feelings and emotions. I want to find someone who makes me feel safe enough to want to be vulnerable with them. It would also help to not spark my anxiety.
And that’s it…..
I’d love a tall guy but that isn’t a firm requirement just a fringe benefit if he happens to be tall. But yeah, that’s my list of things I look for in a man. Like I said the list has gotten way shorter from when I was younger and dreamy but it’s also become realistic. I also understand that I might not get someone who checks off all these qualities. I think these qualities in a person make me thrive and help me feel less anxious. I hope I find him soon. *Fingers crossed*
What are your favourite qualities in your partner? If you’re single, what do you look for in your partner?
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –