Mother’s Day is on Sunday, the 8th of May. While I am not a fan of celebrating these Hallmark holidays, I do think that mothers are the most underappreciated people across the globe and hence, deserve a day of pampering and love. I decided to combine my love for being more sustainable with this holiday and share some sustainable gifting ideas for your mom.
- DIY planter using household items/waste – There are so many ways to repurpose household items into beautiful planters. From coffee bottles to Nutella jars or yoghurt jars or wooden crates – they can be painted and repurposed into a planter. You can find helpful videos on YouTube to guide you.
- Homemade meal – As much as I love gifting, I do think a homemade meal and catching up with your mom is the best gift you can give her. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate meal if you don’t enjoy cooking. Again, YouTube and Instagram are filled with recipes that you can easily replicate.
- Compost Bin – Composting is such an easy way to be more sustainable. If your mom loves gardening, she will enjoy using the compost in her garden.
- Plants – Instead of flowers, gift your mom plants this Mother’s day. If she doesn’t have a garden space, you can gift her indoor plants that help with air purification or herbs that don’t take up a lot of space.
- A gift card from a sustainable brand – If you are looking for a way to get your mom more excited about being sustainable, get her a gift card from a sustainable brand. This is probably the easiest gift to get on this list.
- Go thrifting together – If you live in the same city and you have thrift stores around, make a day of it and go thrifting together.
These were some sustainable gifting ideas for Mother’s Day. Personally, I am going to make my mom a homemade meal and catch up with her. What are you planning to do for your mom?
If you are a mom, wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day. Thank you for all that you do. ❤
Check out my other recent posts here –