Yes. I’m ancient. So ancient that my bones creek. Some mornings I wake up feeling like an Egyptian mummy – wrapped up tightly in my sheet (because the AC feels too cold even at 28deg), my bones old and threatening to fall apart from the smallest movement. I am a thirty one year old. *Sigh*
As much as I dreaded turning 30, the after effects are even worse. Here are things that started happening with me once I turned 30 –
1. Easily bruising and random bruises showing up on my body. I literally woke up one morning to find this massive purple colour bruise near my knee with absolutely no idea how it even happened. (I even contemplated that I might be possessed but why would a ghost want to live in my creeky body?!?)
2. Backache and knee ache are my new best friends. I can’t only blame my age for this – my posture and how I lounge about also effects this. But OMG – whenever I go to pick up something heavy (which I have to because I run my own small business), my back goes – “you’ll pay for this and how”.
3. Not being able to enjoy alcohol. I. JUST. CAN’T.
4. Literally forgetting that I did something, right after doing it. This one has me creeped out. I literally put my phone on charging and 5 minutes later start wondering where my phone went. Why is this happening?!?!
5. I find 29 year old boys on dating apps immature. So I am dating in the 29-35 years bracket but now I find 29 year old men SO immature. Every interaction has me go – “argh, these twenty year olds”.
6. I don’t enjoy loud music anymore. Any place with loud music just causes me anxiety. I like quiet, peaceful cafes over loud, noisy pubs.
7. I’ve started lying more and with ease. I’ve always been a lousy liar but in the past few months I’ve found that I’ve started lying more and with ease. Before you jump to any conclusions – by lying I mean making up elaborate excuses for bailing on plans (because I’m old and need rest) and making up stories to get my vendors to do a better job (because I hate confrontation). Before I’d just be upfront and say I don’t want to go out and it would piss of the people I made plans with.
This whole post is a light way to announce to the world that I’M OLD. What are some differences you saw once you turned a milestone age?
If you haven’t already, check out my recent posts –