I hate dating apps just cause I find that being active on dating apps is a lot of effort. The type of effort I just don’t feel like putting in right now. Why can’t I just meet someone at a coffee shop or at a party or at a bookstore? Oh right, I hate going out and when I do I am so socially awkward. So I am stuck trying my luck on dating apps.
Here are 5 recurring thoughts I have while using dating apps –
1. How much time did he save by typing “dats cul”? *Unmatch now*
2. “Wow, he’s cute. Very cute. Haha. Funny. Omg, he’s perfect.” *Sid is using Travel Mode. He lives in NY.* “Why God why?!?!”
3. “How do I reply and keep this conversation going when he is only giving me one-word replies?!!??”
4. “Hmmm….boring-ish profile. Damn, he is 6’2″. MATCH NOW!!!”
5. “Argh, he wants something casual. Pass! Uhmm… He wants to get married and have 2 babies and adopt a dog? And as soon as possible? He sounds totally crazy! NEXT!!!”
I’ve been on dating apps for a few years now and have my match-pass routine already set. Clearly, the routine doesn’t work since well, I’m still single. What are your thoughts while browsing through dating apps?
Read my dating stories here.
PS: I am going to be posting shorter and lighter posts for the next week or so. I’m buried under work, feeling stressed because my grandpa and grandma aren’t well, and just dealing with getting used to my new therapist.
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –