I’ve recently started cycling every day to build my stamina and get in that exercise. I only manage to do about 10Kms every session but I’m hoping that will improve with time. I end up carrying a light but loaded bag with me when I go cycling. So what is in this cycling bag?
1. Water bottle: I haven’t gotten a bottle holder for my cycle yet so my bottle is the first thing I keep in my cycling backpack.
2. Face Towel: Delhi is having a pretty crazy summer. I need to stop and clean the sweat off my face fairly often otherwise it gets in my eyes and blinds me.
3. Sanitizer: In case I decide to stop and grab coffee after finishing my cycling circuit. Plus COVID (which doesn’t seem to be going).
4. Petty cash: Digital money is accepted in most places but I still keep some cash at hand incase I need it urgently.
5. Pepper Spray: I usually cycle alone and go either in the morning or late evening. A while back, during my morning cycling session, I had an unpleasant encounter with a man. He blocked my way on the pretext of asking me the way and wouldn’t let me cycle away. I finally got myself a few cans of pepper spray and keep one on me at all times.
6. Screwdriver: I just have one on me to fix any urgent repairs. And it can double to inflict pain/minor injuries.
7. Cycle lock: To, ofcourse, keep my cycle from getting stolen.
8. Perfume: Cycling in this Delhi heat is bound to leave you sweating and smelling. So I carry perfume if I intend to run any chores after my session.
I love cycling but it’s super frustrating that it doesn’t feel safe. For anyone else that goes walking or cycling alone – the Strava app is a great way to track your activity and also share your location with your safety contacts. I’ve been using it to send my live location to my brother and a friend. (This isn’t a sponsored post.)
What physical activity do you do? What are some essentials that you carry with you?
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –