Have you ever been in a situation and thought to yourself – why am I like this? As an adult, I assumed I wouldn’t be in such situations that often. But I happen to be in such situations so often that I decided to do a whole post about it.
WHY AM I LIKE THIS?
1. Being a poor judge of character – you’d think with my experiences, I’d be better at judging people but I still mess up all the time. Eg: all the men I meet for dates. I am super selective about meeting a man and take weeks (at least 4-5 weeks) of talking to be convinced enough to meet. Yet, I end up meeting some really narcissistic men. How am I not able to read people better?
2. Tearing up when things don’t go my way – yes, I’m a 31-year-old crybaby. Whenever I’m in a difficult situation my immediate reaction is to start tearing up. Eg: At the festival, my brand was a part of, the first afternoon we hadn’t made a lot of sales whereas the stall next to ours that was selling fake branded jewellery was making crazy sales. I started panicking and tearing up. I mean literally tearing up. Once I had calmed down, I felt SO stupid. What sort of an adult am I?
3. Still not understanding PMS signs – I’ve been PMS-ing for 17 years now, how do I still miss out on signs? I usually have a major breakdown 2 nights before my cycle starts. 80% of the time I’m able to recognize that I’m being irrational and that it’s probably linked to my messed-up hormones. But I still miss recognizing the signs about 20% time. This last time, I had a meltdown and fought with a friend and BLOCKED him – only to realize two days later that I was just PMS-ing. *Facepalm*
4. Getting stressed out about interacting with my assistant – If you know me even a little, you probably know that I’m an introvert with social anxiety. While I hired an assistant to make running my business easier but talking and dealing with her has me SO stressed out. Thankfully she’s an introvert too, which makes our “quiet” time not that awkward. But I still feel so much anxiety being around her and figuring out our interaction style. How have I been allowed to adult? I’m so not cut out for adulting.
5. Getting overwhelmed while replying to comments on my posts – People have brought it to my attention multiple times that I don’t always get around to replying to all the comments I get on my posts. I read every single comment as soon as I get the notification and genuinely feel so happy to get the comment but I often get too overwhelmed to reply to every comment. It is a weird paradox – when I don’t get comments on my posts I feel sad. I am always in awe of bloggers who reply to the 100s of comments they get on their posts (eg: Pooja – how do you do it!?!).
What are some situations you find yourself in which make you go “why am I like this”?
PS: I’ve been too exhausted to stick to my posting schedule but I’ll be back on top of my blogging game from next week. Thank you for your kind words and patience always.
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –