From having posts scheduled for the next 2 weeks to forgetting it is my scheduled day to post – I have become a super disorganized blogger over the past few months. I’m literally writing this post after realizing that my posting time today has passed (I usually post on Tuesdays & Thursdays). With life returning to normal post the pandemic, it has gotten harder to juggle my work, life, blog, and doing nothing time (this is probably what I spend my maximum time on.. argh). These are the most recurring thoughts I have while blogging these days –
- F*%#!! How do I not have a post ready to go up today!?! Should I skip posting today?
- Maybe I should take a break, this is all getting too much. But what if I never return from that blackhole some of my favourite bloggers have disappeared into over the past year?
- Wow, this new follower commented on a post from a year back. Does that mean my content quality is going down?
- Awww, she never forgets to comment on my post but I haven’t seen a post from her in a while. *clicks on her blog* Oh crap, I’ve missed reading her last 10 posts!!!!
- *blogging instead of working* Why is this blog not making me millions already? *sigh* *gets back to work*
Honestly, if you see me liking and commenting on 5 of your posts at the same time – I promise I’m not spamming you. WordPress Reader has been selectively showing me posts (are you also facing this issue?) and I’ve also been swamped with work. So when I visit your blog, I try to catch up on all the posts that I might have missed.
I love that I’ve been able to keep the blog going and stick to my schedule (mostly) but boy, is it hard. How do you manage to find time to keep up with the blogging world? Do you also feel like the blogging world has gotten quieter in 2022 (in comparison to 2020)?
If you haven’t already, give my other recent posts some love –