I am back from a trip and an unplanned hiatus. Whenever I opened up a new post, I’d end up spacing out what I wanted to write about. It isn’t that I don’t have things to write about – I have so much to write about – it’s just that the things I do want to write about are kind of emotional and feels too close to my heart to share. I haven’t faced this issue before with the blogging world but more people from my real world are starting to read my blog posts and it just makes me shut down. I am going to try to not let that get in the way of me being fully honest and open on here.
So what have I been up to –
- My ghostwriting project ended earlier this month, so I have been looking for my next side gig. I am a little confused about what I want to do but hopefully, I should be able to figure it out in the next 1-2 weeks.
- I have been running my own small business since 2021 and as much as I love it, it hasn’t been scaling up as fast as I want it to. So I have been spending time strategizing and planning on that end.
- I went on my first trip for 2023 to a place I have been dreaming of for years i.e. Varanasi. My friend and I have been discussing heading there for 5 years now and we finally made it happen. You will read more about it in my next post.
- Exploring my own city. I have been trying to romanticize my life and fall in love with my city. I visited a new place in my city 2 weeks back and am visiting another new place this weekend (which you will get to read about next week). This has gotten me really excited about the weekends. I have also been reconnecting with old friends just because I feel like I haven’t made a lot of effort to keep up with them over the last 2 years.
- Getting back into shape. I really gave up on eating right and working out in the second half of 2022 and my tight clothes keep reminding me of that. So I have been focused on eating right and getting back on a workout schedule.
- Dealing with some residual feelings. I wrote a post 2 months back about finally having feelings for someone and that didn’t end up working out. But since I had feelings for someone after A VERY LONG TIME, it has been hard to just get over. I have been meaning to write about it but I just can’t get myself to type more than 2 sentences without tearing up. So maybe, in a bit I will write more about it.
- I have also been prioritizing my mental health which has been precarious over the last few months with dealing with the loss of my grandfather. I am doing A LOT better but my major goal for 2023 is to get my mental health to be better so that it doesn’t get in the way of me doing other things.
- I have also been trying to figure out what kind of a person I want to be and to try and be that person in 2023. Again, explaining this will be a whole other post sometime in the next two weeks.
So how are you doing? How has 2023 been treating you? Any interesting gossip from your life that you’d like to share?
PS: If you have mailed me in the last 2 weeks, I will get back to you some time this week!
PPS: Any ideas for 2023’s first collab post?
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –