I don’t know how to start explaining this post. An extremely frustrating call with an Amazon seller support personnel triggered it. If you read my rant post, I had mentioned about how customers try cheating sellers and Amazon refunds the complete money to the customer without a second thought and then charges us for delivery of the items and the items cost. After raising a request they do refund the item cost but still charge us for delivery meaning that overall we end up losing money. Despite explaining this to seller support personnel he kept telling me the same rules again and again and I finally gave him a piece of mind and hung up. And then I sat feeling extremely guilty for yelling at him. 😦
Here are some things that make me feel guilty –
- Yelling at customer service – I am always the most polite person with customer service people because I know that they are just trying to their best but with my business – I have had some days when I have yelled at customer service people out of frustration and I feel so so guilty. I know they have to follow the rules set out for them but frustration and days of inaction gets me so riled up and I always regret it after.
- Being rude to my mom – As an adult, I wish I controlled the things I say to my mum – but I often take her for granted and end up saying some rude things to her when I am tired or off mood. I really wish I didn’t do it and am trying to change this behaviour.
- Binge eating- I have dealt with binge eating issues all my life and I worked on it over the past few years and improved a lot. But over the past year I have slipped a little and when my anxiety gets unbearable, I often look towards food for comfort and then feel SO SO guilty after.
- Procrastinating – I just can’t stop procrastinating, to the extent that I procrastinate on making my daily to-do as well. I feel so guilty after half the day is gone and I haven’t achieved much.
- Sleeping late – I love waking up early and I hate when I stay up late watching some random content on Netflix. I wake up late feeling so so guilty.
- Ending relationships that start becoming toxic -I’ve finally learnt to set boundaries but it still makes me feel guilty when I cut off from toxic people. I have in the past year cut off from even old friends when those relationships started to get toxic but whenever their thought crosses my mind – I feel extremely guilty.
- Being rude when people give me advice – I know people mean well when they advice others about things but sometimes the advice is so half assed that you can tell they are only saying it to seem superior or put you down more than to help you. I don’t mean to hurt anyone but I have gotten some half assed advice on here too and it really irritates me especially about mental health related issues or eating related issues. ‘Just don’t eat’, ‘just lose weight and you’ll be pretty’, ‘just relax’, ‘you think that is a problem? My problems are so much bigger’, ‘just settle – you have too high standards’, ‘just get married already’ – these kind of advices just piss me off and I end up being rude and later regret it.
- Ignoring comments on here that say “check out my profile” – I love discovering new bloggers, I’ve found so many friends in this blogging community because they interacted on my content and made me feel like checking out their content. Eg: Sam interacted with me on a couple of my posts and those discussions made me want to check out her content and I fell in love with her blog. But some bloggers JUST leave links to their blogs in the comments and I honestly have no reason to check them out. I do feel guilty blatantly ignoring them but I find no motivation to go check their content out.
I hate being rude to anyone (I like being sarcastically mean though) and it always happens at these instances and I regret it instantly. Like as soon as I say something rude to anyone – there is gnawing feeling in my heart and I can’t stop thinking about it. 😦
How is your Monday looking? To clear my conscious of its guilt, I am going to give a compliment to every single person who comments, in the hopes that you will pass it on and make someone else’s Monday brighter. ❤
Check out my other awesome recent posts –