I love OCTOBER! Not only is it my birthday month, it is also fall/autumn season and the world is slowly moving towards a winter wonderland. While I’ve been busy at work, some small little things made me very happy this month. With the middle of the year being kind of difficult on me (second wave in India and post that), my mental health is slowly recovering and these little things helped.
- On Monday I arrived late to work, I rushed to get off the cab since the main road is always busy. A bike stopped behind my cab with two men and as I rushed past, one of them said something to me which I totally didn’t register in my haste. Once I entered the building, I realized the man had said – “gorgeous hair” and in my haste I had returned his compliment with a resting bitch face (behind a mask). But it totally made my day!
- I am LATE to this party but I finally tried the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew and I am in love. I’ve never been a fan of Starbucks, only heading to it to get hot chocolate in winters. But now I want to keep loading up on this new favourite (which I won’t since I am trying to get healthy).
- I mentioned in my last post that I travelled for a few days last week. The trip was very last minute and while making bookings I had my heart set on a particular resort in Darjeeling (a hill station in West Bengal) but it would have set us back by A LOT (peak season, last minute crazy prices). So instead I choose another beautiful resort in a hill station close to Darjeeling and it was the best decision. We were away from the maddening crowd and this resort was so so so insanely pretty.
- This isn’t a brag but I usually get a lot of gifts for my birthday from friends – some are hits and some are misses since we are all so different in our choices. This time around I got a lot less gifts but the ones I did get were ALL hits! Like each gift I opened had me so happy.
- A Korean cafe opened in my local market. This really cute, tiny cafe opened in my market and it has the BEST coffee ever add to that really fun and tasty Korean baked goods.
- Going to the gym after 1.5 years!
- Talking to a friend about my ex (the only guy I think I’ve ever truly loved and with whom things ended very badly) and realizing that I’ve reached a stage of full closure. We still talk – checking in on each other or sharing a big life update, (once in a while) but there is no good or bad lingering feeling there.
- A really nice feedback on one of my brand’s products (Eco-friendly Bamboo Razor) on Amazon totally made my day since I spend a lot of time on the products and packing the orders too.
What are some things that made you happy this beautiful fall/autumn? Isn’t October just the best?
PS: Check out my brand’s Diwali collection here.
Check out my other recent posts too pleeeeease –