June has been a hectic month for me both physically and mentally. There was SO much going on every single day that the few days that I did have some free time – I just stayed in bed ALL day. Since I take my blogging family along on all my journeys…here’s a June recap..
- My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer in April. He has been undergoing radiation therapy over the past 2 months. Given his age – treating his ailment has had some complications. But here is hoping the therapy works. Please send good and healing wishes for him.
- My sister and brother-in-law have been visiting and as much as I love them, I hate when the house is soooo crowded. (yes, I am mean) No one really comes to my room but I still find it suffocating. (yes, I am weird) I don’t like running into people on my way to the kitchen or anyone else being in the kitchen when I’m cooking. (I know I’m very very weird) It is totally a ME problem. (I know my sister is reading this – I loveee you)
- My little-est brother graduated. He’s studying in Canada and we couldn’t make it for his graduation. But so proud of my baby brother.
- As I had mentioned, I hired my first full-time employee. Funnily, instead of helping me, having her around stresses me out even more. I want to be a good boss but how do you toe the line between a good manager and a push over manager? I’ve tried to be accommodating but I’m starting to get the feeling that I may be becoming a pushover. Give me advice, please.
- My brand was a part of our first big festival but it was overall a dud. Most people wanted to buy cheap/knock-off products instead of good quality sustainable ones. The stall next to ours was selling knock-off jewelry from Thailand that people were ready to spend a lot on but were calling our similarly priced, hand-made, sustainable bags expensive. Argh. But my cutest family and sweetest friends showed up to support me and cheer me on and that felt so good.
- I attended my first event as an entrepreneur and got to network with other women entrepreneurs as well. Was a lot for my social anxiety but still fun.
- I have some exciting work lined up for the next 10 days but it is making me very nervous.
- My first close friend had a baby and I’m so excited to be an aunt! She had a baby girl which is even more exciting since we get to shape future feminists.
- I already wrote a post on the one guy I met this month. He was the first guy I met in 3-4 months and that date just confirmed that my hiatus from dating is justified.
- I went to a new therapist for my anxiety but couldn’t bring myself to keep going to her. If I feel anxious about seeing my therapist, she’s probably not helping me? Why is it so difficult to find a good therapist?
- I went for 10Kms walks with a friend and they were really fun. We picked a monument and just started walking towards it.
- I haven’t cycled in the last two weeks because of work and other stuff that left me physically drained. But my target is to cycle 25 days in July.
- I’ve been feeling so much FOMO cause I haven’t been the most active these last few weeks. I am going to spend all my free time over the next week catching up on blogs.
- I haven’t done a collaboration or guest posts in a while now. Let me know if anyone is looking to collaborate or wants to guest post or is accepting guest posts.
- A lot of my posts this month were written in a hurry and I hate that they weren’t my best work yet. I want to write better posts in July.
How was your June? What were some of your monthly highlights? What are you looking forward to in July?
If you haven’t already, check out my other recent posts –