These are some tips and tricks that I have picked up over the past few years. Some are fun, some are funny (how can I not have funny tricks?) and some are plain useful. If you are new to the dating situation, I hope these will help make your dating life more fun and safe. Here are my dating tips & tricks –
1. If you’re going on a first date tell them in advance that you have to go somewhere after the date to put a deadline to the date. If the date goes badly, use it to get out of the date and if it goes well, make them feel important by pushing your fake appointment to later. It totally works – tried and tested in both situations!
2. No one is as charming as they appear on text, not even you. So unless you’re a huge risk taker, ALWAYS meet in a public place the first time. And don’t agree to a movie date – choose a well lit place so you can properly check if they’re as cute as their dating profile photos.
3. I don’t know who these adventurous people are that go away on trips with people that they’ve newly met – but I’ve seen enough Crime Patrol/True Crime shows to tell you – DON’T DO IT!
4. If you don’t like them but don’t know how to shake them off – annoy the crap out of them till they themselves run away! I know this sounds really stupid but some people just can’t take the hint or maybe you are bad at ending things (I am) – so if you don’t want to ghost – annoy them till they leave! (I’ll share my stories in another post) 😀
5. STALK them thoroughly before you meet them. Instagram, FB, Linkedin, Twitter (or text me) – stalk every place possible. And don’t be scared to dig deep – yeah, go back to 2010 – for sure, stalk the girl they were dating in the 8th grade- totally send his cool aunt a follow request and find out why his boss changed jobs 5 times – do a proper back ground check!!!
6. Split the damn dinner bill. Don’t talk about feminism and then expect the guy to pick up the tab. It isn’t “chivalrous” to pay the bill. It is totally ok to take turns to pay the bill but it isn’t cool to expect the guy to pay always. I know a lot of guys offer to do pay the bill – but don’t back down – pay your half.
7. Always draw the line where you aren’t comfortable. A lot of people feel this pressure to just go along with whatever the other person suggests since you are trying to make them like you but why push yourself out of your comfort zone for a stranger? If you don’t like to drink on dates, assert yourself and meet at a coffee shop. If you aren’t comfortable meeting at night, assert yourself and meet during the day.
8. If someone “ghosts” you – let them be. Do not keep texting or calling them, you’re only wasting your own energy over a lost cause. If they didn’t care enough to just text you to tell you it wasn’t working for them, you need to move the hell on immediately. If someone likes you – you will know – otherwise you’ll just be confused (COPIED from some post on IG).
9. Don’t project unrealistic expectations from books, movies or other people’s relationships onto your dating life. We are all unique and so are our experiences – just have an open mind and enjoy all the experiences that come your way.
10. Don’t give up on love (as cheesy as it sounds). It can be difficult especially when others around you are finding love sooner -and you are stuck on a loop of bad dates- just have faith that the right one will find you out when the time is right! ❤
Were my tips and tricks helpful? Atleast did some of them make you laugh? What are your dating tips and tricks? 😀
Read the first part of my dating series here.
Show my other recent posts some love –
20 Comments Add yours
Looking forward to those stories mentioned in point 4!
Stalk them 😂😂😂😂😂
I loved the way you expressed that point I;m laughing so hard rn
LikeLiked by 2 people
I agree with paying your own bill. But I’ve also had guys hold it over me like I owe them something for letting them pay. It’s the same with letting them by me drinks. I just pay for my own until I know them enough to know they’re not a creep.
I love your dating posts, they’re the best! And people truly need this information. I totally had to learn the hard way 💔 Can’t wait to hear more!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Stalk them 😂
I am looking forward to those stories
Love these tips! 😎😎
These are some great tips, but a few are so funny, you have to do a part two with stories XD
As a married man, my dating tip is, “Don’t even think about dating someone else when you’re married.” 🤣 That might seem obvious, but there sure are many married people who don’t follow that guideline.
he he nice collections 😂
Haha 😄🤣 I am enjoying this series so far 😄
Some great tips here, stalk them !!! Haha I mean why not, going out with serial killer is not a safe option always 😉
And I so agree to you on splitting bill thing
Really enjoyed reading this one!😉😄
My most favourite series in your blog 😂❤️
Do share the point 4 stories with us!!
I’m very smart at stalking tooooo 😂😂😂
Haha, 5th one was quite good, to stalk everywhere !
Annoy the crap out of them made me laugh 🙂
I love this🙌🏽
The first tip -my god, a lifesaver if you ask me. Both clever and cynical at the same time😂I love it!
Yes girl, stalk them to know everything before committing to a date. The more information you acquire the better it is for you. I love how you added (text me)😂😂I can’t😂😂😂 xx
I will be using point 1 very frequently infact more than normal😂. I always never know how to tell people when I need to LEAVE!